Playoff question

LRCW

I have no idea how the new playoff system is set up this year. All I know is that Ashland will play Greenup County in two weeks in the first round of the playoffs which is different from the way it's been the last few years. So if Ashland and Russell both win their 1st playoff game will they meet in the 2nd round of the playoffs? Why the change from playing teams in the other district in your region in the first two rounds? Who would the Ashland/Russell winner play in the 3rd round of the playoffs and where would the game be played?

To answer your first question, yes Ashland and Russell will play each other in the second round if they both win. Your second question, we never got a why from the KHSAA. They just made the change out of nowhere. Your 3rd question is TBD. We don’t know third round matchups because it’s based on remaining teams and their RPI’s.

I have no idea how the new playoff system is set up this year. All I know is that Ashland will play Greenup County in two weeks in the first round of the playoffs which is different from the way it's been the last few years. So if Ashland and Russell both win their 1st playoff game will they meet in the 2nd round of the playoffs? Why the change from playing teams in the other district in your region in the first two rounds? Who would the Ashland/Russell winner play in the 3rd round of the playoffs and where would the game be played?

I think the main reason for playing district teams for 1st and 2nd round was cut down on travel for teams.

I think the main reason for playing district teams for 1st and 2nd round was cut down on travel for teams.

Which works really well in compact districts like Ashland’s but really poorly in spread out districts of which there are many.

Which works really well in compact districts like Ashland’s but really poorly in spread out districts of which there are many.

One oddity is Caverna, who will travel probably 2 or 3 hours farther to play the one seed in their own district

(Crittenden County) than if they played the one seed in district 2 which is the Bethlehem, Campbellsville, Louisville Holy Cross district.

When Abraham Lincoln heard about the new format he said, "You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all the time, but, you can't please all the people all the time." Sometimes wisdom is just timeless.