Season Starts Next Week

I am stoked.

The West goes about 13 teams deep with teams that could make the playoffs.

bugatti's biggest story lines....

1) LA vs. LA. We know LeBron needs more help. And boy did he get it by landing Anthony Davis this past summer. Their depth is growing on me, but they are reliant upon some folks that never seem healthy (Davis being the most important chip). The Clippers are the betting favorites at +325, but how many games will Leonard play? Will PG13 come off his injury and be that driving force? I am not as high on the Clippers for whatever reason. They can be a terror on defense if all pieces are in tact.

2) The Philadelphia Giants. The Sixers starting lineup will be Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson, Al Horford, and Joel Embiid. That is stupid enormous. Biggest hurdle for this team will be shooting. In an age of small ball, the Sixers have zagged. If Embiid can stay in shape and off the three point line, I like the 76ers odds of winning it all.

3) Next step for the Greek Freak? His game can still mature and he looks super raw when you watch him. Despite that, he won MVP last season going away. If his game can extend out 2-3 more feet, the sky is the limit for this dude.

4) New digs for the Warriors. The Warriors move to their new arena, and the roster has been turned upside down with KD now in New Jersey nursing an Achilles, and Klay nursing a torn ACL. What impact will D'Angelo Russell bring to the Dubs? Will this be the year to end their Western Conference supremacy? They will take a step back, but I am excited to see the Warriors get back to what they were pre-KD, with Steph going silly from deep. We forget how good they were before Durant's arrival. And frankly, they were more fun then.

5) The Rooks (sans Zion). Zion I cannot wait to watch, like most. However, I am equally as excited to see my boy Ja in Memphis. Rooting hard for that dude to be the "NEXT" PG of the NBA. I am also interested to see how RJ translates to the NBA. The early returns on Herro are positive as well, so that will be fun to watch.

6) The depth of the West. It is a bloodbath. Outside of the Grizzlies and Suns, you can make a sound argument all other teams will finish above .500. That is friggin nuts.

Let's do this.

@bugatti, I am also looking forward to watching Ja.

Also cool the Grizzlies signed Shaq Buchanan just yesterday. Nuts that a starting backcourt in college, especially at mid-major Murray State, end up on the same NBA team the next season. Granted, Shaq will most likely be assigned, but you never know.

Also cool the Grizzlies signed Shaq Buchanan just yesterday. Nuts that a starting backcourt in college, especially at mid-major Murray State, end up on the same NBA team the next season. Granted, Shaq will most likely be assigned, but you never know.

It really is a great story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ja leading the Grizz to 6 straight wins and a shocking 8th place currently in the West. Kid is electric!

It is incredible. You can make a case for him as an All Star reserve, given the impact he has had. The guard depth in the west is deep, so it would be a tall task, but damn, he is insane to watch. Racer nation representing!