Highlands coach upset with people hiding behind a computer, sending anonymous emails

colonel-fan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what all the coach had to deal with, but the people behind the computers here on BGP appear to have been right on point. They have been asking on here for some time for certain players to play both ways and to get offensive reps, and that is exactly what the coaches did this week.

I have always thought Coach Weinrich gets caught up way too much in outside distractions like this.

It tells me a couple of things: those "anonymous emails" get traction with the Highlands powers that be and/or Coach Weinrich needs to grow some thicker skin and shut those type of distractions out.

I have always thought Coach Weinrich gets caught up way too much in outside distractions like this.

It tells me a couple of things: those "anonymous emails" get traction with the Highlands powers that be and/or Coach Weinrich needs to grow some thicker skin and shut those type of distractions out.

I totally agree: when my SON tells me to stop posting I will stop. It comes with the territory coach.

Maybe but I love it when coaches address the naysayers instead of ignoring it. Everyone can talk crap but him? Nah. Tell us how you feel, Coach!

Your son tells you to criticize his coach on a message board?

Not what I said at all...Really? My son plays on a football team. If I had to criticize my son’s coach I would which I will never have to. Comes with the territory is my SOLE point.

Public criticism goes with coaching HS football. Absolutely. But, if a coach chooses to address it the way Coach Weinrich did, he has the right to do so.

And, he didn't say he was upset with the anonymous emailers & those that make excuses. He just described how he believed real men respond to adversity. AND, he was bragging on his players for being real men.... outstanding!

To me, he contrasted how those "in the arena" respond to adversity versus those who are not..... and did it pretty well!

If it takes that criticism for changes to be made then so be it. Not sure why it has taken so many years for it to happen, but it has and hopefully it sours the troops on going forward.

Why do you think anything you have to say about the football team should carry ANY weight?