Brewers at Reds (9/24 - 9/26)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I saw that this is the first time the Reds have had two pitchers with 200 K's in the same season. And in theory, they actually have three, if you count Bauer's numbers with Cleveland.

That is a hard to believe stat. Not doubting you. Just saying it is amazing this is the first time ever if it is correct.

I just researched it and that stat is correct. Only 19 times in Reds history 200k's in a season for a pitcher.

Edited by Voice of Reason

With it being the last home series of the season and Marty's last series, we can't skip this one.

Reds start with a 4-2 loss. Sonny Gray grabs his 200th strikeout for the season.

Thanks for starting the thread, I agree.

What was the crowd like?

Thanks for starting the thread, I agree.

What was the crowd like?

I didn't hear what it was announced at but they were projected 13K last night and then same for tonight. You know it's bad when the vending boss says that we can take out 12 packs instead of full 24 packs.

I do think they are expecting at least 20K for tomorrow's business day special. If the weather is nice, maybe even more walk-up crowd. Last home game of the year, Marty's last game and a post-game Marty Party where fans can go on the field and I believe there will be some type of Q&A with Marty. Plus they are giving away transistor radios, with batteries and headphones to the first 20K fans.

Maybe since the Brewers clinched a playoff spot last night, there'll be hangover effect today and we can squeak one out.

I was hoping/saying the same, but they still have a lot to play for. I hadn't been paying much attention and had no clue how hot they've been in September. 17-2 in their last 19 games.

Pretty lame they are sitting Suarez today, unless there is an injury I don't know about. Would have been nice to have him hit #50 and Marty announce it.

Thought the same things. But, even then, there's no guarantee that Marty would be on the mic at the time. How about a Suarez pinch-hit, walk-off, homer to win it in the 9th? Oh, well, I can dream.

Besides, there's absolutely no chance that would ever happen. Ever. Never.