Your RPI is Showing

gchs_uk9

If you've been on the KHSAA scoreboard page today you may have noticed that the RPI is showing for each school. The official RPI isn't supposed to come out until the halfway point of the season and the KHSAA has certainly couched the rating with disclaimers. At the bottom it says:

**RPI is updated hourly. Teams missing scores at that time are not included. This experimental, not official, currently under development, subject to revision and must be regarded with skepticism this early in the season.

Linked below is Trinity, who has a 0.650 RPI at this precise moment.

Trinity (Louisville) 219 Kentucky High School Football

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The week of the playoffs where the RPI's come into play is going to make for some great threads on BGP...

To add to that, RPI locks at the end of the regular season. That keeps a team from being helped or hurt by first and second round playoff games.

Win % .35, Opponent win % .35, and Opponents Opponents win % .30.

My bad I didn’t scroll down to the breakdown on my first visit of the site.

I agree that come November we will probably have some of the best BGP thread battles in recent memory.

However I like the mixing up by using RPI. I think it will make things more interesting.

Which round does RPI first come into play?

Are the playoffs reseeded each round after the first "RPI Round" is played?

Round three. District winners from 1-4 are seeded and winners from 5-8 are seeded. In round four (state semifinals) the remaining four teams are seeded 1-4. In the state championship game the better seeded team is the home team and will wear dark uniforms.