Burger King - Impossible Whopper

ChickenWyngz

Will you/have you tried the BK Impossible Whopper?

It is a burger made from "veggie meat" made to taste and mimic an actual whopper. All the way down to the fat.

Interesting concept, but count me out. If I am going fast food I'm not going for the veggie burger! I would be interested to hear from others how it is though!

BK's are hit and miss and the most inconsistent of the major fast food places. When they are on point it is hard to beat a whopper, but their drinks for some reason always suck...at least their Coke does.

As to the question at hand, I would only try one if someone handed me one to try...they get none of my money for it.

I have heard mixed reviews on the impossible burger.

Side note - I had a whopper the other night for the first time in long time. It was excellent. The fries were good too. Next time I hit fast food I will likely look for a nearby BK.

That's my biggest struggle! Love the Whopper too much. When made right, by far my favorite fast food burger! Don't mess with it!

I agree, but theirs was also bad before Freestyle!

Freestyle is the worst IMO, it made be a good idea...but the execution is poor.

It's the Freestyle machines. It ruins Coke. I hate them.

Can't even count how many times I've gone in a place, turned around from ordering to use the Freestyle machine, only to have it our of 80% of its selections.

I had one the other day, and I didn't think it was bad at all. The texture of the patty was slightly softer than what I recall with their beef patties. However, taste wise, it wasn't bad at all. It's a very good alternative for those that cannot eat beef.

Admittedly, that was part of the hatred for me.

I can see that being a result of how long it was cooked. The outside edge of mine definitely had a more beef-like texture than the inside of the patty.

I haven't had a real Whopper in over 15 years, so this hit the spot for me. I tried their turkey burger in a Whopper style a few years back, and it was nasty.

I might actually go to a Burger King... just for sheer curiosity. I haven't been to one in forever. I don't even know where one is.

Update: looks like Bellevue is closest to where I live. Maybe Milford if I feel like driving 20 minutes toward the middle of nowhere. Is it a good one?