1A #1 Pikeville vs. 3A Bardstown (8/24) Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Swami says:

It's a long way to the mountains from the Town of the Bard.

It's an even longer trip back with a challenge this hard.

The Panthers will be hospitable hosts and Bardstown will bring the fight there.

At the end of the day MacNamee will be happy as they cage the Tigers.

The more important question is where do we visitors from Bardstown spend money on something to eat in your town? What is The Blue Raven like?

They have a Texas Roadhouse, which I prefer. It's on your way to the field right off of U.S. 23

I thought Pikeville looked a lot better against Pulaski than they did the prior week vs. Shelby Valley. The Tigers need to pressure McNamee, he's got a good arm. I think the matchup of the Tiger defensive ends against returning All-State Honorable Mention left tackle Matt Compton will be important.

The more important question is where do we visitors from Bardstown spend money on something to eat in your town? What is The Blue Raven like?

Paging @Watusi

I have heard good things about the Blue Raven.

In terms of local stuff (not chains)

Pig in a Poke is pretty good BBQ, Bank 253 is a good little bar food type of place, Chiricos in downtown was always pretty tasty Italian. Dairy Cheer and Dorsey's were always good places for hot dogs, specifically Dorsey's if you can get there before they close.

If you don't care about local, as you come down US-23 right before where US-119 intersects there is a large amount of shopping stuff on the right and numerous chain places like Texas Roadhouse, Penn Station, Gatti's etc.

Paging @Watusi

I have heard good things about the Blue Raven.

In terms of local stuff (not chains)

Pig in a Poke is pretty good BBQ, Bank 253 is a good little bar food type of place, Chiricos in downtown was always pretty tasty Italian. Dairy Cheer and Dorsey's were always good places for hot dogs, specifically Dorsey's if you can get there before they close.

If you don't care about local, as you come down US-23 right before where US-119 intersects there is a large amount of shopping stuff on the right and numerous chain places like Texas Roadhouse, Penn Station, Gatti's etc.

I'm all about some Dairy Cheer smashburger action when I'm over that way. Chirico's is very good. Very cool place in downtown P'ville. Is The Station still open?

Anyone have a projected list of starters for Pikeville? I’m trying to create a handout for our fans.

Go to khsaa.org, football. Go to the bottom and there will be links under the 1A state final and one of those links shows the two deep roster for Pikeville. Take out the seniors and you should be able to get pretty close to the starters from there.