5A #5 Bowling Green vs. Father Ryan (TN)(8/24) Predictions/Updates

Ram

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bowling Green
    • Father Ryan

Bowling Green opens up the season at Western Kentucky University versus an out-of-state opponent. Are the Purples ready to make a move to prove they are in the title hunt for 2019? Coming off a 9-3 season that saw them lose in the second round, is Bowling Green ready to go deeper this season?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if it is Ryan's father, Matt's Father, or even Steve's Father... I'll take the Purples by 20+ points.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Should be an interesting game for the Purples from the standpoint that they will start a new QB for the first time since 2016 and I'm really hoping for no platooning at the QB spot. Lot of good pieces for BG, but can they put them all together because there are some monsters ahead in their schedule.

Swami says:

Get out your rosary beads and say a Hail Mary.

Because Father Ryan's outlook is looking pretty scary.

Expect Bowling Green to open 1-0 with an Offense that is true,

Chalk one up for the folks, who mix red and blue.

I listened to the Father Ryan Coach on the radio.

He said they have a SR RB who plays both ways.

QB is a JR who started as a SO and he thinks he can play Power 5 Conference football.

O&D lines are mostly returning kids.

Overall, he said its the most experienced team he's had.

He said they scrimmaged Blackman and did well.

They also have a brutal schedule.

BG could have their hands full. We'll see.

I feel a little lost this season as I don't have a good handle on this BGHS Team. I do think this will be a competitive game. BG's offense isn't the high flying shotgun attack down the field that it has been in years past. Which we saw that last season.

With the QB situation (and that's an unknown to me), I believe we will see a more balanced approached of shorts runs up the middle, outside runs and some passing too. The run game should be very solid. With the QB situation, I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing we will see more safe passing plays that consists of shorter, more open throws then we will see the timing routes.

I was at the scrimmage against Male and it looked like BG had success moving the ball and putting together drives, but I thought they struggled to score once they got near the goalline. At least against Male's starters.

From what I could tell of the defense, BG's defensive line is going to have to pick it up this season. They've got to be able to put pressure on some of these qb's while also finding away to plug the holes to stop the run. i think improvement of the DL will be a big key this season.

I think 5A is the toughest class now from top to bottom. With FD and Scott County dropping down, it's going to really hard on schools like BG and South Warren, Owenboro and others to win a title right now. With the rise of Highlands added to the dropping down of FD and Scott County combined with the already strong Covington Catholic, the class is a loaded class.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Bowling Green this season. It's a brutal schedule, but hopefully they will have a great season!

I feel a little lost this season as I don't have a good handle on this BGHS Team. I do think this will be a competitive game. BG's offense isn't the high flying shotgun attack down the field that it has been in years past. Which we saw that last season.

With the QB situation (and that's an unknown to me), I believe we will see a more balanced approached of shorts runs up the middle, outside runs and some passing too. The run game should be very solid. With the QB situation, I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing we will see more safe passing plays that consists of shorter, more open throws then we will see the timing routes.

I was at the scrimmage against Male and it looked like BG had success moving the ball and putting together drives, but I thought they struggled to score once they got near the goalline. At least against Male's starters.

From what I could tell of the defense, BG's defensive line is going to have to pick it up this season. They've got to be able to put pressure on some of these qb's while also finding away to plug the holes to stop the run. i think improvement of the DL will be a big key this season.

I think 5A is the toughest class now from top to bottom. With FD and Scott County dropping down, it's going to really hard on schools like BG and South Warren, Owenboro and others to win a title right now. With the rise of Highlands added to the dropping down of FD and Scott County combined with the already strong Covington Catholic, the class is a loaded class.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Bowling Green this season. It's a brutal schedule, but hopefully they will have a great season!

Watt,

I agree with this. Concerning the DLine, I would think the majority of teams we play won't have quite as good an OLine as Male, but your point is well taken.

It's going to be interesting Saturday Night!

Father Ryan went 2-9 last year competing in Tennessee's toughest private school division and got handled by the likes of Montgomery Bell, Brentwood Academy, and McCallie. They did take Ensworth to the wire one of the two times they played them, though. This is far from a powerhouse, but BG definitely needs to show up and give an A+ effort. Anything less, and who knows?

@Killowatt59 great insight. We look forward to your thought as the season moves on.

Kickoff should be about 8 p.m. unless the first game runs long. D93 will have a good live Facebook feed for those who can't make it.

We encourage links to audio and videos of the game to be shared in these prediction/update threads.