Preseason Top 5?

Was wondering who might be considered for this? From what I read this summer it seems that deservedly so Male will be almost a consensus number 1. Where do the normal contenders fall (Trinity, Ballard, Cov. Cath, etc...) Just trying to get some discussion going.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male should no doubt be the favorite and I think other teams in contention will be Collins with Mcknight and Marcellus Vail, Madisonville North-Hopkins brings back Kenny White and Ksuan Casey, North Oldham has Justin Powell and Dallas Roberts so they could contend as well. Fern Creek with Washington and Rodgers is another team to watch for.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Male or CovCath will likely be #1. Trinity makes top 5 by default. I’m good with Collins in there and I’d throw Marshall County in the top 5 also.

Yes. I think Zion Harmon is that good.

Probably a lazy preseason top 5 for me but I have done little research and I am going off the top of my head.

I guess I didn't realize Cov Cath had that great of a summer. Don't get me wrong I think as highly of Coach Ruthsatz as most any coach in the game and I know he has built a "program" that will be competitive most every year. Good stuff so far. Thanks guys!

Male & Cov Cath are really good... maybe separating themselves from a host of other perennial contenders. Trinity does not look strong in the offseason / summer ball... not sure if they're missing some players or not?

I actually saw a game online with Trinity and you are very correct, they did not look near to the standard of what they've been for year, but then again it is the summer and most likely were missing guys. I know we played the whole summer here in Fl. and never played with our whole team, not 1 game.

Trinity is more than likely not even preseason number 1 in their own district. Scenica has some nice pieces to replace them at the top this year.

Covington Catholic sure does have a loyal following on here. The 7 foot move in from Evansville is a nice addition but very raw offensively. Preseason number one? No. Not sure they have a Kentucky all star on their team unless it's Drisken and he's borderline. 9th region favorites I will buy but not statewide preseason number 1. Sorry, and I love the passion CCH has for their basketball program but to put them in the same category as Male is not accurate or fair to either team.

Collins, Marshall County, North Oldham, Henry Clay, Fern Creek, North Hopkins all above Cov. Cath in my book. And I saw my fair share of games in June ball.

Trinity is more than likely not even preseason number 1 in their own district. Scenica has some nice pieces to replace them at the top this year.

Covington Catholic sure does have a loyal following on here. The 7 foot move in from Evansville is a nice addition but very raw offensively. Preseason number one? No. Not sure they have a Kentucky all star on their team unless it's Drisken and he's borderline. 9th region favorites I will buy but not statewide preseason number 1. Sorry, and I love the passion CCH has for their basketball program but to put them in the same category as Male is not accurate or fair to either team.

Collins, Marshall County, North Oldham, Henry Clay, Fern Creek, North Hopkins all above Cov. Cath in my book. And I saw my fair share of games in June ball.

I didn't know where all the (welcome but unfounded ) love for Trinity was coming from. I don't think anyone in the Trinity camp thought they would be top 5 in the state pre-season.

To clarify, saying that CCH had a good summer vs. they are pre-season top 5, I don't think are the same. Proper context, from my perspective, is they lost alot, Mayer is not coming back, but they had a legit 7-footer move in, NKU coaches son moved in, and 6'6" son of Keith Starks decided to go to CCH. All that, plus Disken having the summer he had all adds up to a pretty fortunate (not expected) summer! Those I have spoke to agree it's too early to see how it all looks.