What is the oddest thing that you've seen at a sporting event?

Randy Parker

I didn't know how else to word this in the title, but maybe reading mine will tell you what I am going for.

Went to a Reds game as a youngster on Maysville/Mason County Night. Was seated next to a friend when a foul ball came our way. My friend caught it with his glove, but then it popped out and settled in the lap of an elderly woman sitting right next to him. She picked up the ball and put it in her purse. :lol2:

The next day's Maysville newspaper had a picture of the woman and a headline saying something like "80 year-old catches foul ball." :lol2:

So what kind of stories do you have?

Two years ago a squirrel made its way onto the field during a UofL football game. The officials stopped the game for a minute because of it. The squirrel was running towards one of the end zones and when it crossed the goal line the whole stadium cheered as if UofL had scored. :lol2:

Two years ago a squirrel made its way onto the field during a UofL football game. The officials stopped the game for a minute because of it. The squirrel was running towards one of the end zones and when it crossed the goal line the whole stadium cheered as if UofL had scored. :lol2:

Storing memories like that is why YouTube was created!:lol2:

Two events at the same high school football game in Dayton, KY.

1. A male student streaked across the field and climbed the fence and disappeared into the neighborhood next to the field.

2. Someone put plastic cups into the chainlink fence to support the home team.

They misspelled their attempt. I'm guessing it was supposed to say "D-town ROCKS", instead it read, "D-town ROOCKS"!

A few years, I was in New Orleans for a Saints game. There were a number of transgendered individuals in a group dressed up provocatively in Saints colors. I refuse to make any further comment on this.:isurrender:

Went to two games at Wrigley Field in June 1996 when the fog coming off Lake Michigan was so thick, you couldn't see any of the buildings past the scoreboard. At one point, David Abreu of the Expos complained to the umpires, who had a Montreal coach come out and hit pop ups so that they could see whether Abreu's beef was legit. Abreu missed one of the pop ups and got booed. The umps continued the game. Ironically, there were no errors in the game. Pedro Martinez started and got the loss for the Expos.

Ok...here is another one. I was at Wrigley in the bleachers a number of years ago. Tracy Jones was in right field. The fans were razzing him, of course, throughout the game. At one point, Jones turned and made an obscene gesture at the fans. This guy in front of me proceeded to take off his gym shoes, tie the laces together and threw the shoes at Jones almost hitting him!

Went to the Beachball tourney and saw Vinny Zolo go up for a dunk and he shattered the backboard. The game was delayed for 1 hour and 30 minutes to get a replacement. I still have a piece of the backboard.

You just don't seen this at a high school game.

I went to Red Sox-Yankee three game weekend series in 1986 (I think that was the year) at Yankee Stadium. In the Saturday game, there was a fly ball down the left field line and Jim Rice reached into the stands to catch the ball. A Yankee fan grabbed his hat and started running up the stairs in the stands. Jim Rice jumped into the stands and chased him. It was quite a sight to see and could have gotten REALLY ugly.

So on Sunday, when Rice comes up to bat in the first inning, the fans are going nuts booing him due to the incident the day before. I said to my buddy, who is a Yankee fan (I am a Red Sox fan), that it would be so cool if he hit a home run now. The NEXT PITCH, he launched one into the left field stands. He took about five minutes to circle the bases and the place was going completely nuts. I will never forget it.

1966 Kentucky Derby infield. Kuai King was the winning horse. During the National Anthem a college kid had shimmied halfway up the unguarded flagpole and somehow was able to partially wiggle his shorts down to moon all those in attendance. Always suspected the television cameras protected the worldwide viewers from seeing what a Ky "plumbers crack" looked like.