2019 NKY Thoughts and Predictions

The season is fast-approaching, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on who should be favored, who may surprise, an intriguing storyline or two, and what are NKY's chances of having a team capable of making a run deep into the post-season.

Should I assume Highlands and Ryle are the favorites? Will CovCath be back to where they were previously? Anyone coming out of the pack to challenge? St. Henry going to be a factor once again in the Region?

Cleary the excitement for the upcoming season is palpable. :sssh:

Truly something to wonder about. Is it just that there are very few high school soccer posters on board here? Or is there that little interest?

In the Boys Soccer forum on BGP, the last post (besides job change info posted by BGP) in the entire forum before this thread was a similar thread on May 11 that generated zero posts. The last post before that happened in 2018.

In the Girls Soccer forum, the last post in the entire forum outside of jobs info happened January 22.

Truly something to wonder about. Is it just that there are very few high school soccer posters on board here? Or is there that little interest?

That is a great question -- I'm assuming it is the lack of posters on the board, because based on numbers I'm hearing at tryouts / practices around NKY, it doesn't sound like the issue is a lack of interest overall.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how the region unfolds this fall at all 3 levels (Varsity, JV, and Freshmen).

I think it’s just lack of posters as interest in the game is probably at an all time high.

As for the original post, it sounds like Ryle may be the team to beat this year.

Certainly with you on the first part of your post.

Good info, thanks, I figured they'd be right in there. I know they tweaked up their coaching staff a little this year, so I'm sure that will give them a shot in the arm too.

I have been told that even though Highlands lost a lot to graduation they are going to be very solid again this year.

I'm sure that will be the case -- no surprise. I think Ryle and Highlands were shoo-ins, I assume CovCath will be solid, and I'd love to know about Cooper and St. Henry. I am also hearing there is some optimism at Holy Cross, but not sure if that is real or just optimistic.

Cooper's coaches are very excited about their crop of freshmen this year, so while it won't mean immediate results at the Varsity level, the future seems bright for the Jags.

I heard they had a huge turnout of interested freshman. I’m excited for the Jags!

I heard they had a huge turnout of interested freshman. I’m excited for the Jags!

I think there are several talented 8th graders in that number as well, but regardless, they have a lot of talented kids and the future for Jags' Soccer appears to be very bright. Excited for their resurgence.

• 3 weeks later...