Who are the top offensive linemen in KY in 2019?

These are the guys that do all the dirty work, but receive the least amount of love. Let's shine a spotlight on the "big uglies" for a change.

The obvious ones for me:

Walker Parks (Sr., Frederick Douglass/Clemson commit) - 6'6", 275 lbs

Walker Parks - '18 Junior Highlights - Walker Parks highlights - Hudl

John Young (Sr., CAL/UK commit) - 6'6", 300 lbs

John Young Junior Season - John Young highlights - Hudl

Jager Burton (Jr., Frederick Douglass/offers from Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State) - 6'4", 280 lbs

Jager Burton - '18 Soph Highlights - Jager Burton highlights - Hudl

Dane Jackson (Sr., Madison Southern/North Texas commit) - 6'0", 275 lbs

1) John Young, Sr, CAL

2) Walker Parks, Sr, Douglass

3) Dane Jackson, Sr, Mad South

4) Kiyaunta Goodwin, Soph, Holy Cross

5) Jagger Burton, Jr, Douglass

6) Logan Smith, Jr, Corbin

7) Ethan Wolford, Sr, Belfry

8) Alex Collett, Sr, Ballard

9) Parker Bates, Jr, Apollo

10) Blake Watkins, Sr, GRC

11) Nate Stotts, Sr, Male

12) Lucas Jones, Sr, Cov Cath

13) Blake Gossett, Sr, Male

14) William Long, Jr, Hopkinsville

15) Peyton Blackburn, Sr, Shelby Valley

16) Jordan Steele, Jr, Harlan County

17) Jon Nalley, Jr, Daviess County

18) Ryan Stratton, Jr, Anderson County

19) Kobe Burkhart, Jr, Harlan County

20) John Mudd, Jr, Waggoner

21) Andrew Clifton, Sr, Johnson Central

22) Johnathan Blackburn, Jr, Paintsville

23) Jordan Vaughn, Sr, Madisonville

24) Tucker Shelton, Sr, LaRue Co

25) Anthony Johns, Soph, LCA

26) Owen LeMaster, Soph, Johnson Central

27) Drew Johnson, Jr, Somerset

28) Landon Nokes, Soph, Eastern

29) Peyton Saunders, Sr, Scott Co

30) Austin Taylor, Sr, Scott Co

I haven't done a scientific analysis of all these "best of" or "top" lists, but it seems as if the schools in Jefferson County are in for bad years as they seem to have very few players in the discussion.

I haven't done a scientific analysis of all these "best of" or "top" lists, but it seems as if the schools in Jefferson County are in for bad years as they seem to have very few players in the discussion.

The lack of Jefferson County kids is not necessarily indicative of the talent level in and around Louisville this year. These threads are merely conversation starters in anticipation for the beginning of the season. I don't doubt that there are numerous Jefferson County kids worthy of recognition here. Someone more in tune with the Louisville scene will have to enlighten us.

I am retired with all granddaughters so I have nothing but time and a love of football. I was a lineman in college and coaches Hs line. This pole is not my opinion. It was constructed using feedback from over 100 coaches representing over 100 high schools. More importantly I have feedback from 4 NAIA coaches, 1 D2 coach and 2 D1 coaches here in KY. Finally I have feedback from 2 trainers and 2 news organizations. I also used All State selections as well.

Edited by theguru
Rule 1

What is it, 7 out of 30? Based on the number of players statewide, that ratio wouldn't see to be too far off.

What is it, 7 out of 30? Based on the number of players statewide, that ratio wouldn't see to be too far off.

My post included all the lists that have recently been posted....not just offensive linemen. But I agree that 7 out of 30 is arguably not out of whack.

N. Ky. has 1 player named in this thread.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any more listed, but I don't have any big OL names popping into my head from NKY aside from the Jones kid. Can you think of any others, VOR?

CovCath graduated a lot of their offensive linemen, and Highlands kind of has a rep for smaller and quicker offensive linemen, which doesn't always necessarily translate into college recruiting. Beechwood graduated the Baugh twins and Derry. Seems like Simon Kenton, Ryle, or Conner usually have at least someone getting some attention from at least a couple D1-FCS programs. Simon has Devon Lyvers, Cory Cleveland and Lucas Kreidenweis returning as starters. Ryle has Hunter Hassel, Joe Ruckman, and Nikolaus Heckel coming back on the O-line. The Raiders were pretty young up front last year, but their offense also struggled a lot. No idea on Conner's returning big men. No idea if any of the kids listed are getting any recruiting attention.

Here are some names to consider that made the N. Ky. All Star team last year as underclassmen:

Lucas Ferguson, Sr., Boone Co.

Tyson Maynard, Sr., Lloyd

Aidan Dietz, Jr., Holmes

I don't know anything about any of them. Perhaps someone can fill in with info.

A lot of very good linemen graduated in N. Ky. last year. I have to believe there are some names to consider from the 6A schools. There always seem to be D1 signees out of the various 6A schools each year in N. Ky.

One name I am not seeing on the list is a player I have been watching from Cooper High School in Union KY. Dominic Rulli, starter both ways last year as a sophomore. I know he has been getting some visits and attention from several schools. I also know he has camped at UC, Clemson, North Texas, Purdue, ISU to name a few. He will be a handful this year. Cooper has several players in multiple positions that will make an impact in NKY this year.

I am retired with all granddaughters so I have nothing but time and a love of football. I was a lineman in college and coaches Hs line. This pole is not my opinion. It was constructed using feedback from over 100 coaches representing over 100 high schools. More importantly I have feedback from 4 NAIA coaches, 1 D2 coach and 2 D1 coaches here in KY. Finally I have feedback from 2 trainers and 2 news organizations. I also used All State selections as well.

Impressive. I'd like to see your list on every position group.