Yankees pursuing Castillo

LRCW

When do the Reds want to win? Are they going to kick the can down the road another couple years? If the Reds were to describe the player they are least likely to trade, it is Castillo. All star quality. Under control till 2023. This is the player you hang onto and try to build around. Trading Castillo would be totally disgusting.

If we could get a load, I say go for it. I worry about his ability to throw strikes and walking people.

Even with those "issues", he has allowed the fewest hits, has the 2nd best ERA and top 12 WHiP in the NL and is having a heck of a year. I'll take a walk given up over a hit any day, hits do much more damage than walks.

Even with those "issues", he has allowed the fewest hits, has the 2nd best ERA and top 12 WHiP in the NL and is having a heck of a year. I'll take a walk given up over a hit any day, hits do much more damage than walks.

He only focuses on the negatives. It doesn't matter he has been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year and the best the reds have had since Cueto.

When do the Reds want to win? Are they going to kick the can down the road another couple years? If the Reds were to describe the player they are least likely to trade, it is Castillo. All star quality. Under control till 2023. This is the player you hang onto and try to build around. Trading Castillo would be totally disgusting.

Totally agree, let’s win THIS year!!

He only focuses on the negatives. It doesn't matter he has been one of the best pitchers in baseball this year and the best the reds have had since Cueto.

You guys just love to degrade me when I post anything negative on a player. Is this always going to continue? That one game he gave up about 3 or 4 hits but 6 walks. You know that is no good. His worst two games, both against Milwaukee, were terrible and Saturday after giving him a three run lead. With that said he has been our number one pitcher and has Been great most of the year. He does also gets mentally rattled at times but giving up walks or hits after something bad has happened. He had a no hitter in the sixth and a guy hits a grounder rigHt where the SS should have been playing except the shift was on. After the single, he gave up a couple of walks and hits before getting out of the jam. He is our best pitcher but still has a way to go. Next time, just talk about CAstillo and and slam me. I don't mention you in my posts.

Totally agree, let’s win THIS year!!

I don't think they are good enough to win this year, but they are showing some promise. In baseball anything can happen. But if not this year, maybe next year, or the year after. If they are going to win, they need a #1 pitcher. Castillo is a #1 pitcher. A cheap #1 pitcher. How many of those are there? When you are in a small market, a cheap #1 pitcher is a dream come true. You just can't trade that prize away when you have him under control for another 4 years.

I don't think they are good enough to win this year, but they are showing some promise. In baseball anything can happen. But if not this year, maybe next year, or the year after. If they are going to win, they need a #1 pitcher. Castillo is a #1 pitcher. A cheap #1 pitcher. How many of those are there? When you are in a small market, a cheap #1 pitcher is a dream come true. You just can't trade that prize away when you have him under control for another 4 years.

I agree with this also, it is a tough call.

You guys just love to degrade me when I post anything negative on a player. Is this always going to continue? That one game he gave up about 3 or 4 hits but 6 walks. You know that is no good. His worst two games, both against Milwaukee, were terrible and Saturday after giving him a three run lead. With that said he has been our number one pitcher and has Been great most of the year. He does also gets mentally rattled at times but giving up walks or hits after something bad has happened. He had a no hitter in the sixth and a guy hits a grounder rigHt where the SS should have been playing except the shift was on. After the single, he gave up a couple of walks and hits before getting out of the jam. He is our best pitcher but still has a way to go. Next time, just talk about CAstillo and and slam me. I don't mention you in my posts.

I really try to post about the players and leave the posters and name calling out of it. I always post the truth as I know it.

Your truth is usually always only the negative part of it. If a guy walks the 9th hitter, you definitely mention it. If a guy strikes out the number 3 or 4 hitter or simply gets them out. We usually don't see you mention that even though those may be the best hitters. If Votto takes a third strike, it definitely gets mentioned. If Votto battles back to force a walk it doesn't get mentioned as much.

I don't think anyone has a problem with your analysis of the things players do wrong. You were completely correct when you have said Votto takes to many called third strikes. You are correct that Castillo definitely seems to lose focus at times. Which is a part of the growing process still for a young pitcher. However, the main time you seem to comment on a player is only on the stuff they do wrong and really focus on that. Yes no doubt players have to get better at those areas. Yet the majority of your post only seems to focus on the negatives. Hence why people comment on how you are always focus on the negative. That's why you have so many people who have commented about it.

I'm glad you post so much in the reds threads and are so passionate about them. So please don't stop posting. It's just that this area has been bad for so long in sports. We don't need to hear every little thing that's negative. Were use to negative, just nice to mix some positive with it too, without being over the top with all the things players do wrong lol.

There is zero reason to trade him. Unless they are wanting to wait until 2023 or longer to win.