Bengals first round pick likely out for the season

It's being reported that rookie offensive tackle Jonah William's had shoulder surgery for a torn labrum. He is expected to make a full recovery but miss the rest of the season.

The Bengals finally drafted a guy in the 1st round who wasn't already injured. Yet the player ends up getting injured anyways.

When is the last 1st round pick the Bengals had that had an impact as a rookie? AJ Green?

Hate that he is missing the whole season, but the path to Tua is getting clearer...

Not really. This team last year was killed by injury, a historically bad defense, starting qb didnt play last 6 games, same with star wr. Even with all that they still won 6 games and didn't even draft in the top 10.

Which is why I have no idea why the projections keep having them like they be one of the worst 3 teams. If they werent even one of the worst 10 teams last year. Then I see no way this team gets worst, unless Zac Taylor shows that he has no idea how to run a NFL team.

Imo they will have to trade up to get one of the top guys next year.

This year's offensive line will still be better than last year's, even without Williams. It would have been nice to have him though.

It just sucks that once again the Bengals won't get anything from their 1st round pick in their rookie year. That is something that has hurt them a lot over the last 4 to 5 years.

Hate that he is missing the whole season, but the path to Tua is getting clearer...

I’m not sure how anyone looks at the skill players this team has and could think they’ll be in any position to grab Tua in next years draft. Obviously they won’t be fully healthy and the O Line is a huge question mark still, but if you have a healthy Andy, AJ, Boyd, and Mixon this team wins a minimum of 6 games.

He got hurt in practice a few weeks ago. It wasn't something that happened in college.

Thought we had no contact during OTAs? How does an O-lineman tear a labrum? Weight room mishap? Grabbing and holding a D-lineman that blew by you? Just don't see how this should happen, unless there were issues before. Anybody know more?

Thought we had no contact during OTAs? How does an O-lineman tear a labrum? Weight room mishap? Grabbing and holding a D-lineman that blew by you? Just don't see how this should happen, unless there were issues before. Anybody know more?

Seems hard to believe, but I tore my labrum 20 years ago diving for a ball in a baseball game. No contact, just landed awkwardly with my arm outstretched. So it's not impossible for a guy to have no previous issues, to wind up with a torn labrum.

Seems hard to believe, but I tore my labrum 20 years ago diving for a ball in a baseball game. No contact, just landed awkwardly with my arm outstretched. So it's not impossible for a guy to have no previous issues, to wind up with a torn labrum.

Thanks. I injured mine by falling down stairs and jamming elbow upward into socket. No bone issues because I was lucky. But, that shoulder bothered me for two years.