Jason Chappell resigns at Great Crossings, Paul Rains takes over

Will Great Crossings be a wing t school now?

Highly doubt it. Rains does have a lot of experience with the wing-t but he also had a great run at LCA being a TFS client. I’m pretty sure the whole staff is in place to go the route of the spread. No reason to change now.

Highly doubt it. Rains does have a lot of experience with the wing-t but he also had a great run at LCA being a TFS client. I’m pretty sure the whole staff is in place to go the route of the spread. No reason to change now.

Help refresh this old geezer’s memory. Tony Franklin System?

Yeah Tony Franklin System which is now just called The System. LCA used to be on a lot of the cutups Franklin would show at clinics. Franklin Co is another school that you would see.

I believe when Rains first started at LCA they ran the wing-t with the young group as they built the program. Once that group got to the HS they went full blown Air Raid. The program has been Air Raid pretty much ever since.

In the press releases on Great Crossing they mentioned one of Chappel’s former QBs was coming to Great Crossing to coach.

The whole program has links to early Air Raid/TFS history in the state. Chappel coached under Jep Irwin who was an early TFS client in the state. Rains was another fairly early TFS client and had a lot of success running it. The QB that was hired played under Irwin and Chappel in that Air Raid system. All the social media posts showing workouts and drills are all typically TFS drills.

• 3 weeks later...
Per Scott County Schools' website, Chappell was unable to sell his house in Corbin and chose to resign his position as head coach at Great Crossing.

Was Jason Chappel unable to sell his house in Corbin, or was he unhappy about Great Crossing requiring him to teach a full schedule, so he decided not to sell his house in Corbin and opted to resign as the Warhawks' head coach instead?

@TylerDurden, Could've been that he saw the way Scott County was allowed to keep all of the football kids.

Craziest thing I've ever seen, allowing the 6A powerhouse to keep the kids intact and then drop down to 5A for football.

Signed: Every current 5A parent. LOL

@TylerDurden, Could've been that he saw the way Scott County was allowed to keep all of the football kids.

Craziest thing I've ever seen, allowing the 6A powerhouse to keep the kids intact and then drop down to 5A for football.

Signed: Every current 5A parent. LOL

Does that include current parents of 4A schools that decided to play up in 5A?