Did You See the Derby Incident?

If you watched the Derby live, did you notice the incident that led to the DQ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. If you watched the Derby live, did you notice the incident that led to the DQ?

• Yes, I noticed the veer out during the race but didn't think it would lead to an inquiry.
    • Yes, I noticed the veer out during the race and thought there would be an inquiry, possible DQ.
    • Yes, I noticed the veer out but didn't think anything about it.
    • I watched but I did not notice the veer out while I was watching the race.

I am curious. I started this thread mainly to get the poll posted and see the results. For those who watched the Derby live, I want to know if during the race you noticed the incident that led to the DQ. If you did notice it, did the thought cross your mind that there would be an inquiry and a possible DQ? Please answer the poll and post comments.

Saw it. Very noticeable in real time. I think the camera angle was straight on as they came around the turn.

Then they switched camera angles and my reaction was - well it was not too bad we still have a line of horses 4 wide. And then focused on which one was Maximum Security since I had exotics with him winning and a bottle of bourbon from a blind draw riding on his win.

What I noticed was that as he "went wide " (to use a NASCAR term) it allowed a horse on the inside to gain, and maybe take the lead. Thought maybe he was running out of gas at that point.

Exactly what I saw and thought.

I didn’t remotely notice it live.

The stewards didn't see it live or 20 minutes later.:idunno:

There was a note on one of the broadcasts that MS being taken down, caused bettors over 9 million dollars.

I noticed it, but wasn't sure if there was interference. I expected a stewards inquiry. The jockeys filed so fast that no stewards inquiry was necessary. After seeing the replays, the stewards did the only thing they could. As one commentator pointed out, the only reason it took twenty minutes is that the stewards were trying to find a reason not to do it. If Country House had been the only other horse involved they wouldn't have had the DQ. I would liken it to taking away the game winning touchdown pass because a receiver on the other side of the field moved early.

I noticed it, but wasn't sure if there was interference. I expected a stewards inquiry. The jockeys filed so fast that no stewards inquiry was necessary. After seeing the replays, the stewards did the only thing they could. As one commentator pointed out, the only reason it took twenty minutes is that the stewards were trying to find a reason not to do it. If Country House had been the only other horse involved they wouldn't have had the DQ. I would liken it to taking away the game winning touchdown pass because a receiver on the other side of the field moved early.

Using your football analogy, I would liken it to a Hail Mary pass and at the 10 yard line the WR suddenly two hand shoves the CB into two other DB's, and then catches the pass in the end zone.

Some things for people to ponder as they discuss this issue.

1. The winner was placed 17th which establishes that not only did he impede/foul War of Will, he also impeded and fouled Long Range Toddy.

2. Their should have been a Stewards Inquiry as soon as the horses crossed the finish line if they were "truly" doing the jobs for which they are hired.

3. There would have been no change in the order of finish if it was determined that the "foul" did not cost another horse to lose a position in the order of finish.

Because of all of the above, the change should have been made whether the Kentucky Derby, Breeders Cup Classic or Maiden $ 5,000 claimers at Belterra Park. The better question might be should Luis Saez get "days" for the foul?