6A new teams

Since the 6 class system began 6A has typically housed the powerhouses of the State like St.X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Lafayette, Simon Kenton ,Ryle and more recently Fredrick Douglass. This year though both Fredrick Douglass and Scott county are moving down to 5A and with Lafayette and Ryle more recently being down is there any chance a new team could emerge and challenge the reaming powerhouses in St.X, Trinity, Male and Simon Kenton. With the new class alignment there are 7 new teams moving up next year to 6A in Fern Creek, Oldham County, Bullet East, Apollo, Dixie Heights, Southern and Marshal county.

In my opinion I would have to think Oldham and Fern Creek would be the best two newcomers to put up a decent fight with the traditional powerhouses, Oldham probably has the best chance to advance with the new playoff system since they don't have to play Male to make it out of there region. Other then the new teams is there any other teams out there that have a chance to steal the glory from the traditional powerhouses this year.

Since the 6 class system began 6A has typically housed the powerhouses of the State like St.X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Lafayette, Simon Kenton ,Ryle and more recently Fredrick Douglass. This year though both Fredrick Douglass and Scott county are moving down to 5A and with Lafayette and Ryle more recently being down is there any chance a new team could emerge and challenge the reaming powerhouses in St.X, Trinity, Male and Simon Kenton. With the new class alignment there are 7 new teams moving up next year to 6A in Fern Creek, Oldham County, Bullet East, Apollo, Dixie Heights, Southern and Marshal county.

In my opinion I would have to think Oldham and Fern Creek would be the best two newcomers to put up a decent fight with the traditional powerhouses, Oldham probably has the best chance to advance with the new playoff system since they don't have to play Male to make it out of there region. Other then the new teams is there any other teams out there that have a chance to steal the glory from the traditional powerhouses this year.

One of these things is not like the other...

One of these things is not like the other...

SK has been the 6A team to beat in NKY, but they still haven't been able to compete with the other three in recent memory. So the OP isn't completely wrong in including them.

SK has been the 6A team to beat in NKY, but they still haven't been able to compete with the other three in recent memory. So the OP isn't completely wrong in including them.

Hasn't Ryle beaten SK 2 out of the last 3 years? Ryle has one down season and now everyone is writing them off! Oldham County should be the top newcomer, but Fern Creek always has athletes.

I wouldn't include any teams beyond the Big 3 (Male, T, & X).

As far as Oldham County and Fern Creek are concerned, they are entering another universe and I don't see any way they challenge the Big 3 in 2019.

I like Male, a lot but they seem to be the exception to the rule, or one of the very few.

There are ways big public schools can be more competitive with private schools: schedule more difficult opponents. Dodging the private schools until playoff time isn't the recipe.

Not all but many of the private schools are like a college, when it comes to recruiting. Most seem to do it within the system, but when all the dust has settle, it is what it is.

That’s a lazy narrative and excuse. The success of a good program does the “recruiting,” public or private.

Are we to assume that a really good public school program recruits as well, or is that isolated to only private schools?

I agree winning is the best tool to get players, but private schools have that little extra something to give, a player comes there. If, a public school open enrollment they to have a pretty good advantage over other public schools that are not open enrollment. They fail to have an advantage over the bigger private schools, especially those that have a history of winning.

I agree winning is the best tool to get players, but private schools have that little extra something to give, a player comes there. If, a public school open enrollment they to have a pretty good advantage over other public schools that are not open enrollment. They fail to have an advantage over the bigger private schools, especially those that have a history of winning.

What exactly do you mean?

For instance. Here in Ohio a private school can use a voucher and bring in a athlete/student, allowing him to go to school free. A public school can not buy a athlete/student.

It seems to be a forgone conclusion that a private education is much better than a public school education. Most parents are going to take the free private school education over the free public school one.