Calipari Offered Lifetime Contract

bugatti

UCLA reached out to UK and requested to talk to Cal. When they did, they offered him less money than he's making now. :lol2:

I researched that because it made no sense to me. The extension Cal signed in 2017 is for $8 million a year (same as UCLA’s offer). The $9.2 million figure he’s making this year has to include bonuses I would believe.

I researched that because it made no sense to me. The extension Cal signed in 2017 is for $8 million a year (same as UCLA’s offer). The $9.2 million figure he’s making this year has to include bonuses I would believe.

At UCLA just state taxes would eat 8% more than at UK.

UCLA also in the past, at least, has given little money to assistant coaches...much less than UK. Would be tougher to assemble a staff there.

I think the UCLA deal had a big signing bonus and then much smaller yearly salary, which in the end was about what he made at UK in total.

Huge fan of Cal, but I agree.

Contracts are made to be broken, I'm sure he could still be fired for cause. I think he's only coaching another 5 or 6 years, so I have no issue with a "Lifetime Contract." He's not going to make the same money after he steps down as coach, it would be dramaticly less.