Ryle hires Keaton Belcher as their new boys basketball coach.

Link Policy

When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:

I. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.

II. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.

III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.

IV. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted. Video links directly embedded into posts via BGP's 'Insert Video' tool are sufficient for meeting the terms of the Link Policy.

V. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report the post using the “Report Post” feature – the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: theguru@fuse.net to report any violations.

Congrats to Coach Belcher. Now the "recruiting" begins. Getting athletes interested again should be priority #1!!!!

This is why he was not the best hire! He has spent his entire career at PC. Never had to deal with football program. PC is a true basketball school. Ryle is in shambles. Administration has no clue how to support a program. Heck the AD wasn't even in any of the interviews. Now that is a joke. He will have his hands full not only trying to get the kids out, but dealing with the Triple Crown prince and princesses will be something he never experienced before. This is one of those programs where coaching careers die.

This is why he was not the best hire! He has spent his entire career at PC. Never had to deal with football program. PC is a true basketball school. Ryle is in shambles. Administration has no clue how to support a program. Heck the AD wasn't even in any of the interviews. Now that is a joke. He will have his hands full not only trying to get the kids out, but dealing with the Triple Crown prince and princesses will be something he never experienced before. This is one of those programs where coaching careers die.

Exactly. I mean, just look at Katie Haitz... shambles, ;)

Exactly. I mean, just look at Katie Haitz... shambles, ;)

Comparing the girls programs to the boys programs is a joke. I don't care how title 9 crazy you are. The girls program at Ryle has always been solid now they have talent. That's awesome. The boys program has never consistently won. Different beast. If you don't understand why then I cant explain it to you.

I hope I m wrong and that he turns things around at Ryle. But there are no Mr. Basketballs in the hall ways in any of the schools that feed Ryle. There are no boys that dedicate themselves to the program at this point. We will see if he can turn things around! Ill sit back an watch. Hope they have good popcorn!

Hey, All about the kids,

You seem to post a lot on Ryle sports. First to criticize a coaching change, game decision by coaches etc. Ryle could use support from community members- people being part of the solution as opposed to the problem. Also, you have your facts wrong about the AD not being present at interviews. I think he may have missed one due to a family emergency involving his wife. I guess that was a joke.

Congrats to Coach Belcher. Ryle had some good candidates to choose from and decided to go with Belcher. Time will tell if it was a good decision. I wish him well. Hopefully, the Raider Community/School will get behind him and give him a chance to get the program back on track.

Hey, All about the kids,

You seem to post a lot on Ryle sports. First to criticize a coaching change, game decision by coaches etc. Ryle could use support from community members- people being part of the solution as opposed to the problem. Also, you have your facts wrong about the AD not being present at interviews. I think he may have missed one due to a family emergency involving his wife. I guess that was a joke.

Congrats to Coach Belcher. Ryle had some good candidates to choose from and decided to go with Belcher. Time will tell if it was a good decision. I wish him well. Hopefully, the Raider Community/School will get behind him and give him a chance to get the program back on track.

Good in theory but I don't think you have followed Ryle sports long if you think the community just jumps in and supports basketball. Good luck to coach Belcher...I think he's going to need it. This isn't PC where he could have gone years without a winning season and they would've still backed him.