Open Job: Walton-Verona

Tough act to follow. I always say you do not want to replace a coach that had a lot of success. You want to replace the guy, who replaced the coach, that had a lot of success.

My opinion is this would be a good job for a new varsity coach to get some experience at the varsity level before moving on. The talent that was at Walton the last 3 to 4 years was once in a generation for that school.

My opinion is this would be a good job for a new varsity coach to get some experience at the varsity level before moving on. The talent that was at Walton the last 3 to 4 years was once in a generation for that school.

They have had a good run of talent the last 15 years or so. They have gone to the regional tournament more often then not since about 2005.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wierd. I just checked the athletic website and see nothing tweeted about the basketball position. Every tweet is about current sports or awards for Miles.

I meant the individual fans and not the official twitter account.

I meant the individual fans and not the official twitter account.

Who’s tweeting? I haven’t heard/read anything from the athletic department or otherwise about a new coach being selected or close to a decision from anyone that would be in the know.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe they only interviewed teachers. There were several para professionals that would have been great for this job. Good luck to whoever gets the opportunity.