5 places in state you want to see a game at

1. Highlands

2. Belfry

3. Corbin

4. Trinity

5. Bowling Green

Belfry was on my list for years and I finally got to see their venue this past season. It did not disappoint. Excellent venue!

My list in no particular order:

1.) Ashland

2.) Trinity

3.) Covington Catholic

4.) Pikeville

5.) Franklin-Simpson

I've always liked Dayton and Bellevue, both. Ludlow too. Something about those stadiums right by the river.

In northern Kentucky I think Highlands is a pretty impressive site on Friday night in the fall. The intimidation factor is real at David Cecil Memorial.

One spot I've thought was really cool in Louisville is Manual Stadium. That would be an awesome venue to have caught at vintage edition of "The Old Rivalry" before Manual's football program was hamstrung by the magnet school system. It originally seated 14,000 when it opened in 1924. Now the capacity is down around 11,500. Manual Stadium is where the original 3A class state finals were played back in the days when 3A was the all-Jefferson County class.

I think my top 5, at this point, are:

- Ashland

- Belfry

- Hazard

- Mayfield

- St. Xavier

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue

I

Breathitt County with the roof over the entire length of the stands is pretty cool...it traps the sound in and can get crazy loud.

I didn’t know about that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a high school stadium with a roof. Anybody know about any others?