Dixie Heights - 2019 Schedule

• 1 month later...

Nowhere to go but up for the Colonels. Speaking with someone from the school, scheduling only four home games shouldn't be too bad as Madison Central is their farthest travel game. Not a bad schedule in my opinion. Can't wait to see how this team responds to last years 1 win season.

Nowhere to go but up for the Colonels. Speaking with someone from the school, scheduling only four home games shouldn't be too bad as Madison Central is their farthest travel game. Not a bad schedule in my opinion. Can't wait to see how this team responds to last years 1 win season.

After Dixie's 2014 runner up finish to Trinity in the 6A State Championship game I feel like Dixie football has fallen off the face of the Earth.

I agree @hogstooth nowhere to go but up for Coach Brossart and the Colonels.

I saw on the KHSAA site that Dixie put up a listing for a defensive coordinator on Wednesday. That job has been held for the last several years by Coach Nick Rice, who came to Dixie as an assistant in 2013 after being the head coach at Newport from 2009-2012.

Dixie is also looking for 2 position coaches, per the KHSAA jobs site. At one point I believe they had specifically been looking for a defensive backs coack, but the current listing says they can switch things around with position coaches dependent on the coaching speciality of whomever applies.

What about the program at Turkey Foot? Doesn't that feed into DHHS?

Yes, but they're starting the Dixie Colonels youth program to complete in the NKYFL. They'll probably run up through the junior division to not compete with TF.

The one big positive for Dixie in the future is that they're starting a youth feeder program this coming season.

Yes, but they're starting the Dixie Colonels youth program to complete in the NKYFL. They'll probably run up through the junior division to not compete with TF.

dixiesignups.jpg

Dixie Youth Colonels Football and Cheer.

I saw on the KHSAA site that Dixie put up a listing for a defensive coordinator on Wednesday. That job has been held for the last several years by Coach Nick Rice, who came to Dixie as an assistant in 2013 after being the head coach at Newport from 2009-2012.

Dixie is also looking for 2 position coaches, per the KHSAA jobs site. At one point I believe they had specifically been looking for a defensive backs coack, but the current listing says they can switch things around with position coaches dependent on the coaching speciality of whomever applies.

Is Nick Rice coaching somewhere else this season then? Or is he just taking a year off?