Hunter Cantwell Named New HC at Christian Academy of Louisville

TheDeuce

Yeah but it's the kind of 502 that you have to dial a "1" to get hold of from Jefferson County so it might as well be the other side of the planet.

Regardless of the area code, Carroll County might as well be on the other side of the planet. :lol2:

Per the article in the C-J (since I've not checked myself), Cantwell was 15-19 at Carroll County over three seasons, including a 7-5 record in 2018 that featured the school's first playoff win since 2013.

Selecting a former UofL QB worked very well for the Centurions last time around. This one comes with more high school coaching experience than LeFors had when he took the job. I'll be curious to see how it goes for all parties involved.

Per the article in the C-J (since I've not checked myself), Cantwell was 15-19 at Carroll County over three seasons, including a 7-5 record in 2018 that featured the school's first playoff win since 2013.

Selecting a former UofL QB worked very well for the Centurions last time around. This one comes with more high school coaching experience than LeFors had when he took the job. I'll be curious to see how it goes for all parties involved.

Excellent brief Getslow.

To state it another way, CAL is hiring a former Louisville QB to be their head coach and hoping for the best just like last time. The cup of coffee Coach Cantwell had at Carroll County is a "nice box to check" but again the Centurions are hiring a former college QB for the job.

While I am at it, Congrats Coach Cantwell!

Didn’t he play QB at Paducah Tilghman around 2003?

Yes, he did. For a very good team that lost to Boyle in the semis. PT's head coach was Perry Thomas. That same night, Highlands beat us (Mason Co.) in the snow at their place by a TD. Our QB was Dustin Grutza and the Boyle QB was Brandon Smith. Highlands had Jordan Nevels, among others. 4 very good teams with some outstanding players.