Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16® Broadcast Info, 105.5 FM to air games locally

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 5, 2019

The 2019 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ Sweet 16® gets underway Wednesday afternoon at Rupp Arena when Knox Central takes on Walton-Verona at 12 p.m. (ET). Fans can follow all the action through live webcasts at KHSAA.tv or listen to the games online at KHSAA.net. The games will also be carried statewide across 53 stations through the Kentucky Utilities/KHSAA Sweet Sixteen® Radio Network, with the games airing locally in Lexington on iHeart Media’s Rewind 105.5 FM.

All 15 games of the Boys’ Sweet 16® will be webcast live at KHSAA.tv for subscribers to the NFHS Network (NFHS Network). Subscription plans for the NFHS Network are available for $9.95 a month. A monthly subscription, priced less than the cost of admission to a state championship event, entitles users to every broadcast by the KHSAA and the more than 40 participating state associations. Viewers who subscribe for the Boys’ Sweet 16® will also be able to watch all 15 games of next week’s girls’ basketball state tournament while their monthly subscription is active.

A free audio-only feed of the games will also be available online through KHSAA.net and Mixlr (KHSAA | Events | Mixlr), which has a corresponding app available for iOS and Android devices. In addition, a list of affiliate stations carrying the Kentucky Utilities/KHSAA Sweet Sixteen® Radio Network broadcast can be found at the following link: https://khsaa.org/basketball/boys/sweet16/2019/boysradioaffiliatelisting.pdf

2019 Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Boys’ Sweet Sixteen®

Tickets – 219 Sweet Sixteen® Ticket Sales and Tourney Info | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

Tournament Program – http://bit.ly/2Hh13cm

Webcasts – http://khsaa.tv/

Audio broadcasts – KHSAA | Events | Mixlr

Live stats – http://bit.ly/2tS2aHr

GAME SCHEDULE

Wednesday, March 6 (1st Round)

Session 1 – 12 p.m. ET

–Knox Central vs. Walton-Verona

–Trinity (Lou.) vs. Johnson Central

Session 2 – 6:30 p.m. ET

–John Hardin vs. Campbell County

–Owensboro vs. Ashland Blazer

Thursday, March 7 (1st Round)

Session 3 – 12 p.m. ET

–Butler vs. Perry County Central

–Covington Catholic vs. Scott County

Session 4 – 6:30 p.m. ET

–Lincoln County vs. Madisonville-North Hopkins

–Warren Central vs. Mayfield

Friday, March 8 (Quarterfinals)

Session 5 – 12 p.m. ET

–Reg. 13/8 winner vs. Reg. 5/10 winner

–Reg. 3/16 winner vs. Reg. 7/15 winner

Session 6 – 6:30 p.m. ET

–Reg. 9/11 winner vs. Reg. 6/14 winner

–Reg. 12/2 winner vs. Reg. 4/1 winner

Saturday, March 9 (Semifinals)

Session 7 – 7:30 p.m. ET

Sunday, March 10 (Championship)

Session 8 – 2 p.m. ET

Anyone know if the NFHS feed can be cast to a tv via Chromecast? Their website is a bit unclear on that.

It mentions that you can stream it on a tv OR Apple TV, but it does not mention what the options for streaming are outside of Apple TV. The reason I ask is because I don't own an Apple TV but do have a Chromecast tv as well as a fire TV.

Anyone know if the NFHS feed can be cast to a tv via Chromecast? Their website is a bit unclear on that.

It mentions that you can stream it on a tv OR Apple TV, but it does not mention what the options for streaming are outside of Apple TV. The reason I ask is because I don't own an Apple TV but do have a Chromecast tv as well as a fire TV.

For the football finals it worked like a charm with my Apple 4K TV.

They did have a help page and I assume if it isn't there you either can't or you need a super tech wizard.

For the football finals it worked like a charm with my Apple 4K TV.

They did have a help page and I assume if it isn't there you either can't or you need a super tech wizard.

Yeah the help page specifically mentions you can watch it on an apple tv or stream it to a tv. Which is where I am confused since it doesn't mention what methods work for streaming it to a tv.

In general I can cast pretty much anything from my phone to my tv so I would imagine I should be able to cast this as well. Just don't wanna subscribe (mainly for the Ashland game) to find out that I'm stuck watching it on a phone or tablet.

Yeah the help page specifically mentions you can watch it on an apple tv or stream it to a tv. Which is where I am confused since it doesn't mention what methods work for streaming it to a tv.

In general I can cast pretty much anything from my phone to my tv so I would imagine I should be able to cast this as well. Just don't wanna subscribe (mainly for the Ashland game) to find out that I'm stuck watching it on a phone or tablet.

Don't know how the video feed works from NFHS, but I'm assuming it's a video stream embedded in a web page. If you use the "TV Cast" app, you can cast pretty much any video from any web page to your TV.

Don't know how the video feed works from NFHS, but I'm assuming it's a video stream embedded in a web page. If you use the "TV Cast" app, you can cast pretty much any video from any web page to your TV.

Thanks. I was actually just playing around with that and it appears to work. Also appears that I can just open it in the web browser on the tv then switch to full screen, so all is well.

I gave the app a try on some of their free content and you cannot cast to a tv through the app, which is kind of odd. But to give them credit the support page on their Android app is much more clear on the subject than their webpage.