Luke Perry has died

His stroke occurred the same day it was announced that Beverly Hills 90210 was going to be revived for a short summer series to be aired on Fox. I believe all of the regulars, sans Perry, had agreed to return.

That is an odd coincidence.

Rest in Peace Luke.

And 52, wow, that is hitting close to home.

Yep. And while I'm still a few years away from 52, I'm seeing more than a few people right around my age passing away, including several I grew up and went to school with. It's a reminder I'm at that age where I've lived quite a few more years than years I have left.

Tweet from the Cincinnati Reds Twitter account:

We are saddened to learn of the passing of Ohioan and avid Reds fan Luke Perry. We would like to extend our heartfelt condolences to his friends, family and loved ones. Our thoughts are with them during their difficult time.

Rest in peace, Luke.

Twitter

His stroke occurred the same day it was announced that Beverly Hills 90210 was going to be revived for a short summer series to be aired on Fox. I believe all of the regulars, sans Perry, had agreed to return.

He was going to guest star in a couple of episodes but he didn’t want to sign on full time because he was on Riverdale and didn’t want to renege on that commitment to that show.

He was going to guest star in a couple of episodes but he didn’t want to sign on full time because he was on Riverdale and didn’t want to renege on that commitment to that show.

That's what my wife just told me.

She is heartbroken because she loved 90210. My daughter is heartbroken because she loves Riverdale.

That's what my wife just told me.

She is heartbroken because she loved 90210. My daughter is heartbroken because she loves Riverdale.

Riverdale is an insane mess. I have seen every episode of the first two seasons. Every time I think it can't possibly get any more ludicrous, it turns out I'm wrong. The lady friend was an avid Archie Comics reader when she was a kid so we were always going to watch it, but it just gets more and more ridiculous with every episode that goes by.

I wonder how Riverdale will handle this because he's a MAJOR character and honestly the moral center of the show.

Riverdale is an insane mess. I have seen every episode of the first two seasons. Every time I think it can't possibly get any more ludicrous, it turns out I'm wrong. The lady friend was an avid Archie Comics reader when she was a kid so we were always going to watch it, but it just gets more and more ridiculous with every episode that goes by.

I wonder how Riverdale will handle this because he's a MAJOR character and honestly the moral center of the show.

Agree on all points. I liked the first season, but it has deteriorated since.

I wonder if they will try to replace him? You don't see that very much, but his character is one of the only redeemable ones on the show.