Jack Coldiron (Cov Cath '19) wins 2018 That's My Boy Award

It's the "Brian Williams That's My Boy Award"............. don't sell my cousin short!

I wasn't selling anyone short. But we're only allowed so many characters in the thread title, so I left that out of the thread title so I could offer recognition to Jack for actually winning the award.

It'll be okay.

How do they do this award? Are there several players in the running who attend the banquet where the winner is announced? Or does the winner already know and he is the only player who shows up to the banquet?

If there were other finalists, could we get a list of who they were?

Thanks.

How do they do this award? Are there several players in the running who attend the banquet where the winner is announced? Or does the winner already know and he is the only player who shows up to the banquet?

If there were other finalists, could we get a list of who they were?

Thanks.

The Awards are given by The Greater Cincinnati Chapter of The National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame. There are 3 finalists from NKY and 10 finalists from Southwestern Ohio. All 13 finalists are given a Scholar Athlete Award. From the finalists there is one "That's My Boy" Award given for NKY and one for Southwestern Ohio. The awards recognize young men that have excelled on the playing field, in the classroom and in their communities.

The Ohio "That's My Boy" award is presented by the Southwestern Ohio Football Coaches Association and National Football Foundation Greater Cincinnati Chapter.

The finalists were,

Charlie Cowart, Mariemont HS

Joey Edmonds, Wyoming HS

CeAyre Hall, Withrow University HS

Jacob Hensley, Fairfield HS

Julian Herman, CHCA

Ryan Kerman, Little Miami HS

Andrew Naughton, Kings HS

Clayton Schirmer, Blanchester HS

Kyle Trischler, Elder HS

Andy Weaver, Edgewood HS

CeAyre Hall from Withrow University HS won the Ohio "That's My Boy" Award

The NKY "That's My Boy" Award is presented by The Northern Kentucky Football Coaches Association and The National Football Foundation Greater Cincinnati Chapter.

The finalists were,

Jack Coldiron, Covington Catholic HS

John Willis, Beechwood HS

Justin Grindstaff, Scott HS

Jack Coldiron from Covington Catholic HS won the "Brian Williams That's My Boy" Award.

All 13 finalists had impressive lists of academic and football achievements as well long lists of involvement in their schools and communities.

Edited by punttheball
spelling