Gallatin County 76 Henry County 55 (31st District Championship)

The Wildcats capture their third straight District title and 9th under head coach Jon Jones.

Gallatin improves to 26-5 with their 14th straight victory, the second longest in school history.

The Cats extended a 17-13 first quarter lead to 40-27 halftime lead and never looked back.

Wyatt Bowen scored a game high 27. Devin McAlister added 20, Jarin Rassman 13, Hayden Dickerson 7, Troy Coomer 5, Bryant Caldwell 2, and Zach Johnson 2.

Very impressive win on a night when Rassman and Coomer combined for just 18 points. Proves your point, Buckeye - the Cats are flat out dangerous at every position.

Congrats to Jon Jones and the GC Wildcats.

And congratulations, too, to the HC Wildcats, who will play on their own hardwood in the 8th region tourney.

CM

I’m not sure Coomer took more than 4 or 5 shots because the Henry defense was denying him the ball. He never forced the issue and his teammates stepped up once again.

If anyone in the region is playing better than Wyatt Bowen right now I would like to see him. His play has taken the Wildcats to another level.

I’m not sure Coomer took more than 4 or 5 shots because the Henry defense was denying him the ball. He never forced the issue and his teammates stepped up once again.

If anyone in the region is playing better than Wyatt Bowen right now I would like to see him. His play has taken the Wildcats to another level.

Agreed!

Congrats to the Wildcats! Hopefully they can get a favorable draw in the region. I just don't see them making it too far with the type of schedule they played this year. Playing a tough schedule throughout the year gets you ready for tournament time. I have been to the Smoky Mountain Classic for the last couple years and I wonder what playing in a tournament like this does to benefit the Wildcats. Maybe they can make me eat my words, but I just don't see them going very far in the region tournament.

Congrats to the Wildcats! Hopefully they can get a favorable draw in the region. I just don't see them making it too far with the type of schedule they played this year. Playing a tough schedule throughout the year gets you ready for tournament time. I have been to the Smoky Mountain Classic for the last couple years and I wonder what playing in a tournament like this does to benefit the Wildcats. Maybe they can make me eat my words, but I just don't see them going very far in the region tournament.

Every team that is in Regional Tournament was on their schedule this year.

I think there is at least 6 teams capable of winning the 8th.

I would say 7 of the 8 could win it to be honest. Simon/Spencer/Gallatin/South shoot it well that week they all could cut the nets down. Walton/Collins/Oldham known more for their defense but they could win it on that end of the floor. Henry County might not have the horses, but they do get to play at home and have a very good young sophomore. 8th Region tourney should be about as evenly matched as it has ever been. Regional Draw will be very important to those teams. Anyone know when the draw will be tomorrow?

Are you really serious, on a given night they can beat any team in the region.