Kareem Hunt to Browns

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They signed Hunt for $1 million for one year (depending on how many games he is suspended. After that year, he is a restricted free agent, meaning Cleveland controls his rights after that.

This was strictly a business decision. They got a pro bowl caliber RB for 1 million dollars. Dorsey was the guy who brought him to KC. He did a lot of vetting of Hunt in that process and must feel like they can get enough good things in place around him to help him. Dorsey made a statement that said aside from his study of him for the 2016 draft they have since done due diligence with clinical professionals, etc. to "have a better understanding of the person he is today and whether it was prudent to sign him."

There you have it. They got him cheap, he already has a relationship with Dorsey, and they think he can straighten up. If he doesn't make it back to the roster per the NFL requirements, they lose nothing on him (meaning he doesn't get paid).

So, it is strictly a business deal with lots of upside and no down side for the Browns, in strictly football terms.

Does this make the Browns the favorites in the division? They are my favorites. But Baltimore made it to the playoffs in 2018 and Pittsburgh just missed. So, I think most football people would say the Browns have to prove it by beating those two teams.

I do know they have an incredibly dynamic backfield with Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and Duke Johnson. Wow! From a purely football perspective, Cleveland's prospects for turning into a winner are legit.

However, I am not okay with this signing. He has a lot to prove off the field, in my mind