Warren Central 67 Wayne County 56

Kinda. They upchucked last night against Greenwood. The Dragons are dangerous, and they've picked up some great wins recently. Still, they have dropped games they shouldn't as well.

This is a good win despite last night. I am interested in seeing how they fare next week with ACS and Larue County. Two strong games to finish the regular season.

What happened against Greenwood? How is Dre Boyd playing?

Well, not to threadjack, but Greenwood has a knack for knocking you off your game. The Dragons shot very poorly, hitting only 24% from three, and failed to get to the line. Big men often cause them issues, and Ben Carroll had three blocks inside. It wasn't a great game for Boyd - he had just nine points on 4/12 shooting. He has consistently been their best player, averaging just over 14 points per game. There are times he is breathtaking, but there are times where he settles for outside shots.

This is a good win despite last night. I am interested in seeing how they fare next week with ACS and Larue County. Two strong games to finish the regular season.

I agree, this is a very good win. They haven't been at their best on the road this year, and they need confidence boosters like this.

They'll obliterate ACS. They're still mad about the loss in January, and ACS is coming apart at the seams. LaRue..... well LaRue has size and unless the threes are falling, I think Central is in real peril there.

If they shoot 3's every game the way they did yesterday, they could be unbeatable. Anyone that has watched Wayne Co. play know we are not too bad of a defensive team and they hit some 3's against us that was head shaking. I grant you Wayne didn't have their best legs yesterday and we were a step slow but most of the shots were guarded and they just made some great ones. Warren Central certainly deserved to win the game. They are a solid team with about 9-10 players that doesn't drop off much when subs go in and out.

If they shoot 3's every game the way they did yesterday, they could be unbeatable. Anyone that has watched Wayne Co. play know we are not too bad of a defensive team and they hit some 3's against us that was head shaking. I grant you Wayne didn't have their best legs yesterday and we were a step slow but most of the shots were guarded and they just made some great ones. Warren Central certainly deserved to win the game. They are a solid team with about 9-10 players that doesn't drop off much when subs go in and out.

Having now seen the stats, it was one of their better efforts from three. In fact, their last three games out of region were stellar efforts from three. They went 9/20 against Wayne County, 10/19 against Collins, and 11/21 against Taylor County. The 45% hit against Wayne County was the worst of those, but in the last six games against 4th Region competition Central has failed to exceed that. So I don't know the rational explanation for why that is other than perhaps familiarity from region teams changes how they are defended.

Most people that I have talked to agree that if Central shoots and plays the way they did against those three teams that they are the easy favorite at this point in the region. All three are good teams, two were on the road, and Central performed well in all facets.