Religion and Population Control

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time it would ever become an issue, I'll be dead and gone. My kids will be dead and gone. My kids kids will be dead and gone.

All that to say, I have zero concerns or cares about population control.

Wow.

Not sure what you mean.

Growth has slowed over the past several years. Population is growing at around 80 million or so per year now, which is less than a decade ago.

However, life expectancy is increasing while "fertility" (children per mother)is declining which is the good news. Regardless....projections are for 10 billion+ in only a few years. I believe many of the issues we have are the result of claiming resources to support population growth, thus deforestation, unhealthy GMO food supplies, soil fertility degradation, increases in sicknesses and mental health issues...possible dietary related, reduction in pollinators, extinctions, global hunger, and on and on which are magnified by uncontrolled growth.

Look life is way too short to worry about trivial things. There's real, serious, pressing issues facing our planet and world that have immediate ramifications to worry about something that isn't going to become an issue for hundreds of years.

I agree there are many pressing issues, and I believe population is one of them. It is not a quick fix either, and when it hits us in the face, it will be too late.

I agree there are many pressing issues, and I believe population is one of them. It is not a quick fix either, and when it hits us in the face, it will be too late.

And when it happens none of us will be here. I'm not wasting time worrying about something that isn't going to have any impact on my family or I for multiple more generations.

And when it happens none of us will be here. I'm not wasting time worrying about something that isn't going to have any impact on my family or I for multiple more generations.

We each are entitled to our opinions, of course. I just think it is already impacting life as we know it.

However, life expectancy is increasing while "fertility" (children per mother)is declining which is the good news. Regardless....projections are for 10 billion+ in only a few years. I believe many of the issues we have are the result of claiming resources to support population growth, thus deforestation, unhealthy GMO food supplies, soil fertility degradation, increases in sicknesses and mental health issues...possible dietary related, reduction in pollinators, extinctions, global hunger, and on and on which are magnified by uncontrolled growth.

I understand the bolded, I was asking about this statement that you made..."Maybe percentage, but not absolute."

Population growth is slowing, there is no debate. Will it continue to slow, who knows?