Frederick Douglass - 2019 Schedule

Interesting seeing Douglass playing ALL of the other Fayette County public schools when none of them are in their district. I would like to see some bigger challenges on the schedule in place of 2 or 3 of those games. I realize that they're "playing up" in division by scheduling them, but why not challenge yourself more?

Interesting seeing Douglass playing ALL of the other Fayette County public schools when none of them are in their district. I would like to see some bigger challenges on the schedule in place of 2 or 3 of those games. I realize that they're "playing up" in division by scheduling them, but why not challenge yourself more?

Not 100% sure but the district and the district AD requires all public Lexington schools to play each other. They did drop the lower class schools the played in the Beef Jerky bowl and upgraded to Lexington Catholic and scrimmage Trinity as well.

Not 100% sure but the district and the district AD requires all public Lexington schools to play each other. They did drop the lower class schools the played in the Beef Jerky bowl and upgraded to Lexington Catholic and scrimmage Trinity as well.

If so, they're doing a disservice to the potential quality of their football teams.

I would guess it has to do with travel cost. They have a district AD don’t they? Every school has an AD and then there is one for the district too?

Fayette County doesn't give any money to athletics other than the coach's stipend so I would welcome staying in town to play as many as I could if I had to fundraise for my buses.

Take a look @ any Louisville public school football schedule & they basically do the same thing. Many teams don't leave Jefferson Co. :idunno:

(sidenote) I am not comparing Fayette Co. football to Jefferson Co. football in this assertion, just showing that it happens.