Tennessee 88 Vanderbilt 83 (OT)

Voice of Reason

It did not affect the outcome of the game, but I am pretty sure the officials messed up that time issue at the end of regulation.

For those who weren't watching, with about 30 seconds left, Vandy threw a pass in bounds that was deflected by a Tennessee player. The clock operator started the clock then stopped the clock briefly until the Vandy player picked up the loose ball in the backcourt. Play continued until Tennessee called a time out with 2 seconds to go. The officials went back to review the in bounds play and check the time on the clock. They determined the clock stopped after being tipped for 1.3 seconds. They then ADDED 1.3 seconds to the time giving Tennessee 3.3 seconds. The clock should have been running, not stopped, after the tipped in bounds pass meaning the clock was stopped for 1.3 seconds when it should have been running. The officials should have taken that 1.3 seconds off the clock, not added it on, giving Tennessee 0.7 seconds for their last shot.

As I said, Tennessee's shot was blocked and the game went to OT, so the mix up did not affect the outcome of the game but the officials did mess that one up.

It did not affect the outcome of the game, but I am pretty sure the officials messed up that time issue at the end of regulation.

For those who weren't watching, with about 30 seconds left, Vandy threw a pass in bounds that was deflected by a Tennessee player. The clock operator started the clock then stopped the clock briefly until the Vandy player picked up the loose ball in the backcourt. Play continued until Tennessee called a time out with 2 seconds to go. The officials went back to review the in bounds play and check the time on the clock. They determined the clock stopped after being tipped for 1.3 seconds. They then ADDED 1.3 seconds to the time giving Tennessee 3.3 seconds. The clock should have been running, not stopped, after the tipped in bounds pass meaning the clock was stopped for 1.3 seconds when it should have been running. The officials should have taken that 1.3 seconds off the clock, not added it on, giving Tennessee 0.7 seconds for their last shot.

As I said, Tennessee's shot was blocked and the game went to OT, so the mix up did not affect the outcome of the game but the officials did mess that one up.

Thought the same thing when it happened.