Who is the Leader for Miss Basketball?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep in mind that only seniors are eligible for the award.

KY has 5 McDonald’s All American nominees this year. I think they have to be considered. They are:

Ashlee Harris - SHA

Mikayla Kinnard - Eastern

Maaliya Owens - Scott County

Kiara Pearl - Eastern

Savannah Wheeler - Boyd County

I also like how Lauren Schwartz - Ryle and Ivy Turner - Danville are playing.

Emma king from Lincoln has to be the favorite if they finish like they are playing now right? Lauren Schwartz is right there. Wheeler is also there if the team finishes strong and probably the leading scorer in the state right? My guess is unless wheeler or king make a deep run then it would go to Schwartz if Ryle wins it all.

Please keep in mind that only seniors are eligible for the award.

KY has 5 McDonald’s All American nominees this year. I think they have to be considered. They are:

Ashlee Harris - SHA

Mikayla Kinnard - Eastern

Maaliya Owens - Scott County

Kiara Pearl - Eastern

Savannah Wheeler - Boyd County

I also like how Lauren Schwartz - Ryle and Ivy Turner - Danville are playing.

You might want to travel up to NKY. Lauren Schwartz is definitely a top 5 player. Zoie Barth at Highlands is a great player and one I've always enjoyed watching play. She definitely deserves some consideration. There are a number of good players in NKY that are deserving of consideration.

Hayley Harrison GRC

Lauren Schwartz Ryle

Emma King Lincoln County

My opinion is that Wheeler is too one dimensional. Great shooter but not an all around player like these others. I think we give too much weight to points and not enough to rebounds, other stats and college potential level. Schwartz and King have a higher level of college interest than Wheeler and Harrison.

All the names are intriguing to say the least. But Miss Basketball is not about college potential, interest, or where they are going to college. These are the stats posted on KHSAA website. These kids all play on good teams so that shouldn't play much of a factor either. If there are more contenders please list them I would love to compare their seasons!

Ashlee Harris- SHA 14.4 PPG and 3.1 rebounds

Mikayla Kinnard - Eastern 15.1 PPG 9.8 Rebounds

Savannah Wheeler - Boyd County 31 PPG 7.2 Rebounds

Emma King- Lincoln County 17.5 PPG 7.4 Rebounds

Maaliya Owens - Scott County 20.4 PPG 5.4 Rebounds

Lauren Schwartz- Ryle 19.1 PPG and 7 Rebounds

Hayley Harrison- GRC 14.6 PPG 4.8 Rebounds

Kiara Pearl - Eastern 18.6 PPG 5.5 Rebounds

All the names are intriguing to say the least. But Miss Basketball is not about college potential, interest, or where they are going to college. These are the stats posted on KHSAA website. These kids all play on good teams so that shouldn't play much of a factor either. If there are more contenders please list them I would love to compare their seasons!

Ashlee Harris- SHA 14.4 PPG and 3.1 rebounds

Mikayla Kinnard - Eastern 15.1 PPG 9.8 Rebounds

Savannah Wheeler - Boyd County 31 PPG 7.2 Rebounds

Emma King- Lincoln County 17.5 PPG 7.4 Rebounds

Maaliya Owens - Scott County 20.4 PPG 5.4 Rebounds

Lauren Schwartz- Ryle 19.1 PPG and 7 Rebounds

Hayley Harrison- GRC 14.6 PPG 4.8 Rebounds

Kiara Pearl - Eastern 18.6 PPG 5.5 Rebounds

Disagree, but would love to know if anyone who runs the award lists a way to discern. If it’s an award for the “best senior female basketball player in Kentucky” then college interest is a big factor.

According to your logic Seygan Robbins would not even be in the top 5 this year. 14 ppg, 2.8 rpg last year. Yet she won because she was the best player. Same with Boley over Creech before that.

If you think Kentucky coaches who are paid a million dollars a year to figure out through intense scrutiny are LESS qualified than the average Joe fan to determine who is a better basketball player than your crazy. Is Kentucky mistaken to go after King over Wheeler in your opinion? You feel you’ve watched those two play enough basketball (in the summer of course because school ball is a different playing field) to know more than Mitchell and his crew know?

in addition Boyd County’s schedule seems weak relative to the other schools. You take out the Lexington tourney and the good West Virginia team and they have a very easy schedule.

Disagree, but would love to know if anyone who runs the award lists a way to discern. If it’s an award for the “best senior female basketball player in Kentucky” then college interest is a big factor.

According to your logic Seygan Robbins would not even be in the top 5 this year. 14 ppg, 2.8 rpg last year. Yet she won because she was the best player. Same with Boley over Creech before that.

If you think Kentucky coaches who are paid a million dollars a year to figure out through intense scrutiny are LESS qualified than the average Joe fan to determine who is a better basketball player than your crazy. Is Kentucky mistaken to go after King over Wheeler in your opinion? You feel you’ve watched those two play enough basketball (in the summer of course because school ball is a different playing field) to know more than Mitchell and his crew know?

in addition Boyd County’s schedule seems weak relative to the other schools. You take out the Lexington tourney and the good West Virginia team and they have a very easy schedule.

In watching both King and Wheeler play to me the only advantage King has on Wheeler is height. Other than that Wheeler looks like a better player.

In watching both King and Wheeler play to me the only advantage King has on Wheeler is height. Other than that Wheeler looks like a better player.

Well that says it. You do believe your better to judge than the numerous D1 coaching staffs who disagree with you.

They livelihoods depend on getting it right, but you’ve seen them play so let’s go with your thoughts.

Thanks for helping me prove my point.