Conner the new #1?

Conner has to prove that they can beat Ryle first. You can’t be the best in the state if you are not the best in your district. They get another shot next week on December 30th.

Highlands not in the number 2 In the State. You have to give consideration to E-town or Boyd Co. first.

With last nights events will Conner now be the new #1 in the state? With Highlands #2?

Last nights events? Did Ryle lose? Would be nice to know what you all are referring to, since there is no game thread on anything.

Imo the two best teams in the State are in the same district. Ryle and Conner.

Conner has to prove that they can beat Ryle first. You can’t be the best in the state if you are not the best in your district. They get another shot next week on December 30th.

Highlands not in the number 2 In the State. You have to give consideration to E-town or Boyd Co. first.

I didn't say the best team in the state. I said the new #1 in the polls. Not always the same thing.

I didn't say the best team in the state. I said the new #1 in the polls. Not always the same thing.

What do you think the purpose of rankings??? If you are ranked number 1, then you are the best. There isn’t any higher ranking than number 1. To be the best you have to beat the best!

Last night around the state showed there isn’t a clear cut number 1 like the last two years. (Mercer Co) I must agree with the previous post, how can you be number 1 in the state when it isn’t clear you are the best team in your district or region?

What do you think the purpose of rankings??? If you are ranked number 1' date=' then you are the best. There isn’t any higher ranking than number 1. To be the best you have to beat the best![/quote']

Do you think the purpose of rankings is to decide who the best team is? No its mainly to give us all something to talk about. Since we don't seed for the sweet 16 the polls are just a conversation piece.

Do you think the purpose of rankings is to decide who the best team is? No its mainly to give us all something to talk about. Since we don't seed for the sweet 16 the polls are just a conversation piece.

Here’s a quick conversation piece for you. Conner shouldn’t be ranked number 1 in state and Highlands shouldn’t be ranked number 2.

Didn’t Highlands beat Lincoln County?

Yes, by 11. But I’m just saying to win on a team such as Scott County’s home court is an accomplishment.

It could be that this is the year that there’s not a clear-cut favorite in girls basketball. The top 5 or 6 could win it all.