Big Baller Brand Charging Media To Film

Wouldn't that effect Melo's eligibility to play in the NCAA (if playing overseas didn't do that already) since his family is being financially benefited from his basketball game?

If Melo is every ruled eligible to play in an NCAA game it would just be another example of how crooked the organization is.

Can you even do that?

I wouldn't pay them $.35

This along with whether you can even do that are questions I have.

I think they can legally do it. Being a private event the media would need to have a credential or buy a ticket to enter. I'd assume that getting the credential would come with a list of rules that you would have to abide by to receive the credential. I know that I have seen tickets before that state that the venue or event has rules regarding use of photography or video. I'd guess if you were in violation of the rules they could have you removed.

Now in this day and age of everyone having a camera / video recorder in their pocket, I'd guess enforcing this would be another issue.

Ahhhhhh, good old Lavar Ball hate. Just say his name and watch the hate flow. :lol2: :lol2:

Someone with money to blow will pay it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people organizing the event, The Grind Session, have already paid it because someone will have official video footage of LaMelo this weekend. It will be a packed house again and the video views will likely reach over 1M views. Welcome to the new age of self promotion in basketball. You don’t have to like it but you may as well get used to it.

If you have something to market you better figure out how to make money off of it using views on social media. The money is out there.