Marty Brennaman has announced that 2019 will be his final season calling Reds games

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite quality of Marty is the one most people liked least. I loved that we still had someone willing to absolutely call out a player for lack of effort, etc. In the society we live in now, we will never see that again.

It was always real and refreshing as well.

My favorite quality of Marty is the one most people liked least. I loved that we still had someone willing to absolutely call out a player for lack of effort, etc. In the society we live in now, we will never see that again.

It was always real and refreshing as well.

His predecessor did the same and I was apprehensive when Al Michaels left and Marty took over. However, Marty did not disappoint.

I used to sit out in my drive way at night and listen to the games and hit my wiffle ball onto the roof all night long. :lol2:

For me, it was hitting rocks out of the gravel drive way with a tobacco stick. My target was to hit the barn about 200 ft from the house. Couldn't see it, but you could hear it when it hit the tin roof.

Happy Retirement Marty!!

I’m with all of you and your childhood memories. I remember drifting off to sleep as a kid, bedroom windows wide open, hearing the sounds of Marty & Joe on the radio while my parents and neighbors sat outside listening while enjoying a beer on the deck.