Covington Catholic 53 Cooper 47

So the team with two CovCath kids who didnt like their role / playing time and a kid from Holy Cross, who would win or 8 or 9 out of 10, was down double digits most of the 2nd half? Weird.

Cooper down a kid, CovCath down a kid (I'm not counting Michael who I don't think will play).

Great environment, great fan support on both sides, really fun atmosphere.

Special shootout to Michael Spencer, his game and body has really changed and developed. And a GREAT kid as well. Happy for him. Houston really shot it well tonight.

So the team with two CovCath kids who didnt like their role / playing time and a kid from Holy Cross, who would win or 8 or 9 out of 10, was down double digits most of the 2nd half? Weird.

Cooper down a kid, CovCath down a kid (I'm not counting Michael who I don't think will play).

Great environment, great fan support on both sides, really fun atmosphere.

Special shootout to Michael Spencer, his game and body has really changed and developed. And a GREAT kid as well. Happy for him. Houston really shot it well tonight.

The Cov Cath radio crew was talking like Mayer was still going to be coming on with the team, although I'm inclined, at this point, to agree with you.

Davin was out for Cov Cath tonight, correct? Or was it Fleek?

CCH had trouble getting the ball fed to the post in the first half. Cooper fronted and fought for position. Many times Cooper defenders were a step quicker to beating the CCH cutter to the block and if the Cooper defender wasn’t there first, the pass would be a bit late and Cooper was able to deflect the entry pass. In the 2nd half CCH made adjustments, swang the ball a little more and big guys cutting to the block were able to get better position with Cooper still fronting. I’d also think a bit of fatigue set in on Coopers side from battling bigger guys for position on the block all night. Perhaps that made those entry passes a little easier to get through. Cooper gambled with the fronting and if the pass got over or through the defender there was no backside help and it was an easy lay up for Thelen, Fleek, or Greene.

Very physical game from two teams that battle.

A game after hitting 6 three's, Grant Disken went 4-7 from three tonight. The Colonels are going to need that kind of production out of him down the stretch this year, especially against some of these high-talented teams.

Nick Thelen added 14, and the Colonels only missed two free throws (14-16).

Also, the Colonels only missed eight shots all night...went 17-25 from the field.

This was a very impressive win for Covington Catholic, especially considering the fact that they are still missing Davin and Mayer who will both change the dynamic of this team when everyone is available.

Edited by Colonel96
updated stats