Bryson Warner's New Coaching Staff at Boone County High School

Tony Fields posted a live video in the NKY High School Football page on Face Book. It was Coach Warner giving a speech to the players at Boone County High School. He mentions that 80-some guys showed up at some type of meeting in the gym to "fill out sheets" (that's what it sounded like). In other words, he is getting his players to recruit in the hallways. The video is from Jan. 7.

At the beginning of the video he introduces his staff. He does say this is not the entire staff but what he knows at this time. I did the best I could to write down the names in the order they were introduced as I listened and played it back. Here's what I got:

1. Coach Dave Eckstein is Offensive Coordinator. He worked with the team in 2018 some after the season started. His role was to assist the OC at the time. He is a tremendously positive person. I would have liked to get to him a little better. ALso, former HC at Ryle and many years as an assistant at Boone. Owen Hauck protege'.

2. Coach Turner -- no role was named. I don't know him.

3. Coach Tackett -- DL, wasn't present at the meeting. I don't know him but I am guessing he is from Ryle.

4. Coach Collinsworth -- Defensive Coordinator. I believe he was Assistant HC/LB coach at Ryle last season.

5. Coach Howards (?) -- Special Teams. I am not familiar with him.

6. Coach Ben Brown -- Coach Warner said he didn't know what his role would be yet. He is a long-time Assistant Coach at Boone. I believe he was DC and Dline coach this last season. He is probably the most beloved coach at Boone. Coach Warner is making a smart move by keeping him on staff. The players love him and would have been upset if he was not retained. He will provide some continuity for them.

7. Coach Black -- no role named. He was taking the video at the time.

8. Still more to come, it sounds like.

Coach Warner went on to give a tremendously positive speech and is inspiring the guys to work hard towards a positive future for Boone County Rebels football. He is preaching a 1 and 0 attitude. The past is behind us, and we are looking to win the next thing that is in front of us. When that is past, look to compete and win at the very next thing. And then repeat.

Go Rebels in 2019!

Coach Eckstein was also a long time coach at Bellevue. I'm glad to see he's doing well enough medically to coach again. Awesome guy.

I have zero doubt Bryson Warner will do a great job turning Boone around and right the ship for them. They are landlocked and face many other challenges that others have mentioned, but there is more talent in the hallways than 1-10 campaigns.

I'm excited to see the future for the Rebels.