Arkansas Deputy Fired After Shooting Small Dog

AverageJoesGym

The officer had responded to a call about an aggressive animal. When he arrived there were 2 small dogs playing in the yard of a home. The officer asked the homeowner to come out to the street to talk to him. The homeowner began filming the incident. When the other began walking towards him, the camera tilts down and a shot rings out. You then see the dog writhing on the ground while yelling. The former deputy then tells the homeowner, "I told you." The dog did survive and, after being suspended, the deputy was fired. To make matters worse, the former deputy was a K-9 officer. It boggles my mind how these incidents continue to occur. Training in this area has to improve.

Arkansas sheriff's deputy fired after dog shot

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reads like the neighbor was about to shoot the dog earlier. I would like to know more about why officers were called there...and what the deal is with that woman.

Probably should have just pepper sprayed the dog if he felt it was being or getting aggressive.

Reads like the neighbor was about to shoot the dog earlier. I would like to know more about why officers were called there...and what the deal is with that woman.

Probably should have just pepper sprayed the dog if he felt it was being or getting aggressive.

It sounded like the deputy shot it because he was annoyed with the homeowner.

Police should not have to answer calls involving animals unless they are vicious and in the act of attacking or preparing to attack. Police are not trained for these type of calls and shouldn't have to answer them. Common sense shuld have prevailed on the part of the officer, but still....

Police should not have to answer calls involving animals unless they are vicious and in the act of attacking or preparing to attack. Police are not trained for these type of calls and shouldn't have to answer them. Common sense shuld have prevailed on the part of the officer, but still....

That would make a lot of officers happy if that were the case. A lot of folks assume officers moonlight as animal control and that's just not the case.

I've heard some very interesting calls for officers assistance regarding animals.

I agree with this... Police have way more important things to deal with than calls involving animals.