Western Kentucky 83 Wisconsin 76

ADopted ADmiral

I caught the 2nd half of this one and W.K. looked really good. Hopefully this is the game that gets things going for them.

They've been so up and down. Here's hoping they can get on a roll. Also, good job Wisconsin. Rarely will a P5 school travel to a place like Western. I wish more did, although I'd say results like this don't help that going forward.

They've been so up and down. Here's hoping they can get on a roll. Also, good job Wisconsin. Rarely will a P5 school travel to a place like Western. I wish more did, although I'd say results like this don't help that going forward.

Even before the game the Wisconsin basketball coach was talking about how much he hated this contract. WKU played a 2 for 1 mixed sport contract. They went to play at Wisconsin in football for a pay game, but at below the going rate (and at a time when WKU was up and coming). They then played at Wisconsin in basketball (and got robbed) and got one game at Diddle. Their coach despised it and wanted out of it. Now that they've lost it's even worse.

Wish P6 conference teams played more of these road games against good mid-major schools like Western. Would be great for college basketball. You would see a lot more of these upsets and more WKU's of the world making the NCAA tournament. Instead you have most big schools playing only home/neutral court games until conference play starts.

Wish P6 conference teams played more of these road games against good mid-major schools like Western. Would be great for college basketball. You would see a lot more of these upsets and more WKU's of the world making the NCAA tournament. Instead you have most big schools playing only home/neutral court games until conference play starts.

The result of this game is why big teams dont. At the end of the day it's a no win situation. If you win you don't get much credit for it. But if you lose it does get held against you more. It sucks business wise, its smart for schools not to play these games.

It would be nice if the NCAA could put a rule in place making all major conference teams. Having to play a true road game at a mid major conference team like every other year or something.

IIRC, Arkansas comes to Diddle next year. Stansbury has done a great job bolstering WKU's schedule. His team just has to win against the lower tier teams because the performance this year has a ton of variance. I'm hoping WKU can use the momentum here to run through C-USA because that is what it will take if they want any hope of an at-large bid.

IIRC, Arkansas comes to Diddle next year. Stansbury has done a great job bolstering WKU's schedule. His team just has to win against the lower tier teams because the performance this year has a ton of variance. I'm hoping WKU can use the momentum here to run through C-USA because that is what it will take if they want any hope of an at-large bid.

I think WKU is already out of contention for an at-large bid, unless they somehow win out the rest of the year. WKU would have a better shot at making the Elite 8 in the NCAA tournament than they would in running the table in conference play.

Young squad, all playing together for the first time. Was bound to be some hiccups. WKU is more talented and athletic than anyone they have played this year, but they are YOUNG. If they didn't drop a goose egg against Indiana State, Troy, and Missouri State, WKU would be an easy at large team right now & be close to a Top 25 ranking. Nobody will want to see WKU in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament if they win CUSA. They can beat anyone.

The problem: WKU can also be beat by anyone.

How good can WKU be? I've watched parts of a few of their games and even though I wanted to be, I was not much impressed (could've been the wrong games). What is their ceiling.....top 25? Higher? I know they have some good talent that, once they get over early season growing pains, might move them up. Right now, I don't know how to assess them.

I don't think Stansbury is a great X and O coach, but he is a great recruiter and that is refreshing for WKU. Ray Harper was great with game planning, especially tournament games, but his recruiting was not up to a mid-major and it did WKU no good to make miracle runs in the C-USA Tournament and then be a #16 seed on Selection Sunday.

I readily concede that this team isn't getting an at-large unless they sweep the CUSA regular season (which is HIGHLY unlikely because all of the difficult games they play are on the road) but if this team doesn't make the NCAA Tournament that would be a disappointment.