Covington Catholic - 2019 Schedule

theguru

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - December 22, 2018

Jake Kleier

Marketing and Communications Assistant

Phone: (859) 448-2253

Email: jkleier@covcath.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CovCath

Covington Catholic High School announces the 2019 and 2020 schedules for the 2017 state champion and 2018 state runner-up football team.

2019 Football Schedule

August 23: vs. Ryle

August 30: at Campbell Co.

September 6: vs. Lex Cath

September 13: vs. Dixie

September 20: at Beechwood

September 27: vs. Cooper (District)

October 4: vs. Boone (District)

October 11: vs. LaSalle

October 18: at Highlands (District)

October 25: at Conner (District)

November 1: BYE

2020 Football Schedule

August 21: at Ryle

August 28: vs. Campbell Co.

September 4: at Lex Cath

September 11: at Dixie

September 18: vs. Beechwood

September 25: at Cooper (District)

October 2: at Boone (District)

October 9: at LaSalle

October 16: vs. Highlands (District)

October 23: vs. Conner (District)

October 30: BYE

“We are very excited to announce our Football schedules for the 2019 and 2020 seasons,” says Athletic Director Tony Bacigalupo. “The KHSAA district realignment will provide us with additional great local rivalries, while keeping our local traditional non-district games. In addition, we are happy to add a top notch GCL opponent in LaSalle. We are looking forward to many exciting Friday nights in Park Hills.”

Covington Catholic High School is a 2016 Blue Ribbon of Excellence award winning college preparatory high school located in Park Hills, Kentucky, and operates within the Catholic Diocese of Covington. It is an all-male school of 585 whose mission is to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a little scaled back compared to past few years, but I guess that happens when the new district games have to be played and you play your rivals Beechwood and Dixie

Is Dixie a rival? Cov Cath routs them every year for the last 30 years.

• 1 month later...
Why are Cov Cath and Highlands playing at Highlands again for 2019 during regular season?

2015 at Cov Cath

2016 at Highlands

2017 at Cov Cath

2018 at Highlands

Likely done to get 4 home games in the year that CCH should be hosting playoff games and 6 home games the year CCH is on the road in the playoffs. Factoring in playoff games, that gives you the same total number of home games each season and balances revenue. Perhaps Highlands was the team on the schedule that they were able to shift home games on to make that happen.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Caleb has developed in the off-season, and how he looks starting off season #2 as the quarterback. His poise in the pocket developed very obviously from week #1 to week #15 last year only as a sophomore, and I'm interested to see what he's looking like back there this year.

It's also going to be interesting to see what happens with Michael Mayer this year from an offensive standpoint. He was averaging 25 yards per reception last season, but that was also because the opposing teams' defenses had to cover the likes of Jack Coldiron, Zoc Coburn, Johnny Schuh, Duncan Summe, and Luke Summe at wide receiver in addition to Michael at TE. Casey McGinness actually was #3 in receiving yards for Cov Cath last year from the backfield too. Mayer led in receiving with 1029yds and 12 TDs. The next 6 receivers (the ones I just mentioned previous) combined for 1717yds and 16 TDs receiving. Duncan Summe is the only one who didn't graduate. I look to see Duncan, along with junior Ethan Reardon being Caleb Jacob's main passing targets out wide.

Lots of question marks on the O-line after graduating so many of them. Lucas Jones is obviously going to be the anchor of the line. I expect to see junior Ago Murrer being another big help up front.

It's also going to be interesting to see what happens with Michael Mayer this year from an offensive standpoint.

I'm just as interested to see what he does defensively. Last year he moved from the d-line to middle linebacker. Did his level of play last season cement his place in the middle again for 2019, or could he move back to the line of scrimmage? I believe CovCath lost its entire defensive line from last year. I'm sure he'd excel wherever they put him.