Urban Meyer to Step Down at Season's End!

UKMustangFan

Sources: Urban Meyer to step down as Ohio State head coach

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer plans to step down and will coach his final game in the Rose Bowl, sources told Yahoo Sports.

A myriad of factors contributed to Meyer’s decision, but sources say foremost among them was his happiness with the state of the Ohio State program he inherited seven years ago. Meyer, 54, will be replaced by Ryan Day, the 39-year-old offensive coordinator who served as Ohio State’s interim coach earlier this season. The university will announce Day as the permanent replacement on Tuesday, and the team was scheduled to be informed in a meeting early Tuesday morning.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Breaking everywhere now....

Someone put an APB out on @GrantNKY.

Guess there was something to all the "he doesn't look right" talk after all.

Yep, even before the headache chatter started, it was obvious he looked extremely disengaged. Just a completely different Meyer than you had ever seen on the sidelines. It's possible this look was related to not getting too amped up because of the headaches, but it was still evident.

With an arachnoid cyst like his, I'm surprised Urban has been able to cope with a job like his for 20 years. Stress doesn't impact the actual size/growth/composition of the cyst, but stress is definitely able to intensify the symptoms and pain that can be caused by the cyst. And if his cyst is continuing to grow back despite medical procedures to reduce it, it seems like retiring by now is pretty much inevitable.

If you didn't see this coming, you can't see.

Does anyone think there is a chance he coaches again?

I've felt like this could happen all along. I wonder if Ohio State "encouraged" him to leave at the end of the season after the suspension? That wouldn't be public knowledge but it seems possible.