Local Merchant Christmas Shopping

Beechwoodfan

The Cyber Monday thread got me thinking. Last Sat was a big local business sales day. All small businesses had sales to encourage people to shop locally for Christmas. I am a big fan of shopping in front of my TV at home, but I did go with my daughter to shop in a few stores. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and bought some nice things.

Anyone else participate? If not, please make the effort to stop by a small business in your city at some point.

I also stop by Snyder's Sweet Shop in Bellevue to get my dad some Opera Creams. Always got him a box since I was a little kid and my mom took me there because dad always had it growing up in Dayton, KY.

I don't particularly eat a lot of candy, but I told my wife that whenever my father passes, I expect to keep that tiny tradition alive and hope to always have a box of them given to me at Christmas. Tears me up a little thinking about it already lol.

I also stop by Snyder's Sweet Shop in Bellevue to get my dad some Opera Creams. Always got him a box since I was a little kid and my mom took me there because dad always had it growing up in Dayton, KY.

I don't particularly eat a lot of candy, but I told my wife that whenever my father passes, I expect to keep that tiny tradition alive and hope to always have a box of them given to me at Christmas. Tears me up a little thinking about it already lol.

A couple of years ago, a friend and I walked down Fairfield Ave in Bellevue and went through a few stores there. Had lunch there too. That is a nice little area to visit.