Pendleton County at Scott Thoughts and Predictions

mcpapa

Coach Belcher and the Wildcats travel to Taylor Mill tonight to take on perennial 10th region contenders Scott. Pendleton's first real test of the season and the opener for Scott (who typically play an NKY-loaded schedule and don't get out in the region very often).

Thoughts and predictions on this one?

Scott is the better all around team, but with that I mean no slight to Allen. I actually think he does an incredible job involving teammates.

I completely agree. I've never seen DA play but I've never heard anything but complimentary things about him getting his teammates involved even if he doesn't have to.

I have seen teams that don't play "team ball". That doesn't sound like this situation.

Others have said it better, but finding support for Dontaie Allen is going to be the toughest task for Coach Belcher & the Wildcats IMO. You have to think a defensive-minded team like Scott will pose a stiff challenge for PC. For the Cats to get out of Taylor Mill with a win, they will need big games from Cody Sullivan & Tredyn Thomas.

Coach Belcher and the Wildcats travel to Taylor Mill tonight to take on perennial 10th region contenders Scott. Pendleton's first real test of the season and the opener for Scott (who typically play an NKY-loaded schedule and don't get out in the region very often).

Thoughts and predictions on this one?

Scott has 7 region opponents on the schedule this year. By comparison GRC also has 7 region opponents. However, the 40th district plays two seed games while the 37th plays one seed game so GRC plays 10 region games. Even for some Class A schools that play teams twice a year that inflate the amount of region "games" on their schedule. In the 37th district Campbell plays 10 region opponents. Brossart plays 8, then the All A tourney. All 3 play many NKY teams in their division of the NKAC.