Kentucky 90 Monmouth 44

16thBBall Fan

An easy W over weak competition but I liked the way that this team came out and just took care of business. Yes, Monmouth was really bad but I liked the way that this team passed the ball, took mostly good shots and certainly how the Cats dominated the boards. K. Johnson again looked really good along with T. Herro and Q. Green. One really good point is that the team defense looked much better … the talking, "help D", etc..

Playing catch up and still watching but Herro sure gets his hands on a lot of balls defensively. Not a great on ball defender but at least he tries hard to play the alleys.

He reminds me of Jim Master playing on ball defense

I understand they opened with Duke, and they finish the month with some solid games, but this has to be the worst 7 game stretch of opponents in recent memory. I think it makes sense from a "get the young guys to gel" standpoint, but as a casual UK observer (at best), it makes for a long string of unwatchable basketball.

I understand they opened with Duke, and they finish the month with some solid games, but this has to be the worst 7 game stretch of opponents in recent memory. I think it makes sense from a "get the young guys to gel" standpoint, but as a casual UK observer (at best), it makes for a long string of unwatchable basketball.

I never thought I would go through a stretch like this, but I have only watched one half of a Kentucky basketball game through this seven game stretch. Mainly because my cable provider doesn't have the SEC Network, and it is not worth me going to BW3s to watch them play Monmouth. The schedule does pick up from here, as does coverage to standard cable programming, so I should be set the rest of the year and I do not feel like I have missed a thing. On balance, I am more of an NBA guy now, and it is difficult to watch college basketball, so the desire to watch anything else isn't there (yet).

Agreed, I watched like 5 minutes of this game. Plenty of other good entertainment options vs this.