Grant County 70 Ryle 60

Actually a very interesting game, Ryle just didn't get out of the gate early on, Grant County came out on fire, I know it was 11 to 1 at one point. Ryle took the lead by halftime. It was a back and forth game for most of the 3 rd quarter. A huge call mid way thru the 4 th quarter just seemed to change the momentum, intentional foul call on Vince Rankin, which from my angel was just not a very good call. Props to number 32 of Grant, young man can flat out shoot. Best of luck to both teams as the early season is a learning process.

Actually a very interesting game, Ryle just didn't get out of the gate early on, Grant County came out on fire, I know it was 11 to 1 at one point. Ryle took the lead by halftime. It was a back and forth game for most of the 3 rd quarter. A huge call mid way thru the 4 th quarter just seemed to change the momentum, intentional foul call on Vince Rankin, which from my angel was just not a very good call. Props to number 32 of Grant, young man can flat out shoot. Best of luck to both teams as the early season is a learning process.

Terrible call!!! Pretty sure Vince has never been called for an intentional foul. Again bad call, but didnt cost them the game. If you cant threaten from the perimeter, it's tough to win. I believe 2-16 from 3 point range.

Much like with the Gallatin Co. vs Holmes outcome, I'm left wondering if this game should: A) tell me something about Grant Co.; B) tell me something about Ryle; C) be minimized as an early season tilt between two teams that will look vastly different in February.

Like College Football Guy, I absolutely expected Ryle to win this game.

Much like with the Gallatin Co. vs Holmes outcome, I'm left wondering if this game should: A) tell me something about Grant Co.; B) tell me something about Ryle; C) be minimized as an early season tilt between two teams that will look vastly different in February.

Like College Football Guy, I absolutely expected Ryle to win this game.

I think if you look at the previous two seasons, Ryle and Grant had split their head to head matchups. Ryle is 26-38 over those two seasons and Grant was 23-37. I think this game just speaks to the mediocrity of both programs. Ryle unfortunately doesn't have as many cupcakes on their schedule as Grant County does and will probably come out worse for wear. This was a W that the Raiders definitely needed because after tonight against Villa their going to be hard to find.

Also of note, Grant County and Ryle have combined for 3 winning seasons over the last 5 and 2 of those belong to Grant County. Neither one has won a district since 2015 and Ryle is the only one to see the region since.

Grant County is 62-88 over the last 5 seasons, Ryle is 56-90. Think these two programs are on similar trajectories.

Terrible call!!! Pretty sure Vince has never been called for an intentional foul. Again bad call, but didnt cost them the game. If you cant threaten from the perimeter, it's tough to win. I believe 2-16 from 3 point range.

The call wasn’t on Vince Rankin

Ryle came out in a 2-3 zone and Grant quickly took a 17-1 lead. Ryle called timeout and went to a man defense. Grant shot terrible in the 2nd qtr. and Ryle did a great job contesting inside shots the rest of the way.

The intentional foul was actually called on #40 from Ryle (not Rankin). It was a hard foul but I wouldn't say it was intentional.

In the end, Grant shot 28% from the field, 40% from the arc and 82% from the line (27 of 33). I think that says a lot about Ryle's inside defense and Grant's ability to hit from the perimeter.

Holding a team to 28% from the field and still losing by 10 is probably the bigger story.

Good luck to both teams.