Covington Catholic 105 Ludlow 49

The only thing surprising about this score is that CCH let Ludlow score 49 pts.

Who led the way?

I am guessing Disken, Fleek, Thelen and Green all had 15+ ...

Funny you should say this as I was thinking the same thing. I listened a little bit here and there to the broadcast and it seemed that the Colonels were letting the Panthers get away with some long bombs much to the chagrin of Coach Ruthsatz.

Not sure of final stats, but you're pretty much right on with said names getting theirs. Fleek was headed toward around 20 last that I was paying attention with some dunks, and one easy missed one, and Disken and Thelen were filling it up too, but before long I lost track of all the names that I was hearing.

They quickly started out something like 15-0 before Ludlow scored. It didn't sound like either team was doing well from the line.

These first game blowouts seem more like a Kentucky/Transylvania Exhibition game more than a true regular season scheduled game, but it is what it is I guess. Not sure who it really helps, but I guess that it can't hurt none. :idunno:

Grant Disken had 4 points, 2 steals and an assist 32 seconds into the game. He finished with 18, 5 assists, and 4 steals.

Tyler Fleek also had 18 points. Nick Thelen had 12, Mick Davin had 11, and Neil Green finished with 10.

12 different Colonels scored, and seven had at least nine points. It was over right after it started, and the Colonels looked pretty flawless on offense. Ludlow had nowhere near the size to compete in the post, and their transition defense was severely under-matched. However, Ludlow did fill it up from long range - 8/18 from deep. Cov Cath finished with nine three's.

Not much to take away from this one besides a win.

I loved what the two schools did with the "Hoops for Heart" campaign at the game. As someone else said in the game thread, a predictable outcome and weather likely caused this to be less of a turnout than usual.

I'd love to see the two schools continue this tradition in a varsity double header. Ludlow and someone comparable, followed by CovCath and a team that will draw quite a crowd. Then donate all of those proceeds.

Again, this is not a gripe, as I absolutely support and love the idea, but just an idea to make it even greater going forward.

McHale is going to be a stud!!! Great kid and LOVES the game.

Yes he is their next great one-Happy he is not playing Frosh ball so others can develop without him. Don’t be surprised come March if he isn’t in the regular rotation-very hard to do at a school like CovCath.

Not familiar with the name. What middle school/feeder parish is he from? Thanks