CFP Elephant in the room: UCF after the injury

sportsfan41

UCF lost their QB, Milton, to a gruesome leg injury. Clearly done for the year. He has 25 passing TD's and 9 rushing. All of this for a team that relies on their offense way more than their defense.

Granted that seems to be the clear theme in college football this year.

Do they drop in the CFP rankings this week despite the win? A CFP representative stated that they do factor in injuries when ranking teams and that was a rather substantial injury.

I could see them dropping slightly but remaining in the top 12. With the CFP committee hoping Memphis does the dirty work for them by taking down UCF next week.

Given that they only beat Memphis by one point earlier and had to do that in a shootout his match for error looks to be pretty small.

Didn't see that game, did you. It was played in a torrential down poor. In Memphis. I started watching when it looked like UCF may go down. Had the celebration all set up, too.

The rain got so hard during the second half that it was hard to see the field on TV. It was in those conditions that UCF made their comeback. Next week the game will be in Oviedo.

Having said all that, Go Tigers!!!!

No way UCF gets in the CFP, even if they had Milton. They were systematically eliminated before the season started.

Now, if UCF beats Memphis they get the G5 NY6 bowl, but if they lose and Boise beats Fresno in the Mountain West championship, I could see the CFP committee dropping UCF below Boise State, if not clean out of the top 25, and giving the G5 spot to a 2 loss Boise State. Would not surprise me at all.

No way UCF gets in the CFP, even if they had Milton. They were systematically eliminated before the season started.

Now, if UCF beats Memphis they get the G5 NY6 bowl, but if they lose and Boise beats Fresno in the Mountain West championship, I could see the CFP committee dropping UCF below Boise State, if not clean out of the top 25, and giving the G5 spot to a 2 loss Boise State. Would not surprise me at all.

Sorry for any confusion on the subject matter guys. I started this thread rather late obviously and on zero sleep. I was definitely referring to UCF getting an at large bid for one of the NY6 games.