Kentucky's Bowl Game

sportsfan41

Any team you'd like to see them play or avoid? Destination your like to see them play at or avoid?

One of the clips in the UK vs UL game showed two projections that has UK playing Mississippi St. I will say this I'm hoping UK doesn't play another SEC team, especially one they've already played and beat. Seams like a waste of a bowl game to me.

Florida winning probably puts the Gators in the Fiesta or Peach, and while that stinks on the surface, it likely means the Citrus for Kentucky, which is the SEC's best non-NY6 bowl.

That said, there is still a remote chance of getting into a NY6. If Kentucky passes West Virginia in the rankings this week and Texas loses to Oklahoma, that probably gets U.K. to 13th. The big question then is how far does either Washington State or LSU drop? If Kentucky passed one of them and got to 12th, that gets them in. If Kentucky doesn't pass West Virginia and at least one of Wazzu/LSU this week, then that whole paragraph is likely meaningless.

Sports Illustrated has dropped Kentucky to the Music City Bowl vs. Boston College.

That would be very unfair.

Of the non-NYD bowls the one that would be best would be the Taxslayer Bowl in Jacksonville. They have Auburn going there and Kentucky is more deserving than Auburn.

They are probably set on having LSU in a NYD bowl and that seems to be Outback. Then that leaves the Citrus. Currently SI has MSU there. Again, Kentucky 'should' get better bowl that MSU. But college football is such a political animal at this time of year.

College football bowl projections: Updated matchup predictions | SI.com

What everyone has to keep in mind is that records and results don't really matter. Teams in the top 12 of the CFP rankings go to NY6 games. Everyone else is picked by the bowls. If a Bowl wants A&M or Mississippi State instead of Kentucky then they can pick them. Teams and the league do have a little say but not much.

Sports Illustrated has dropped Kentucky to the Music City Bowl vs. Boston College.

I hope not. I would imagine UK fans have seen enough of the Music City Bowl. I went the first two times they were in it but that was enough for me. That bowl would be a poor reward for a UK team with the program's best record in 40 years.