J.D. Martinez Wins 2 Silver Slugger Awards

J.D. Martinez capped off a storybook first season in Boston by winning an unprecedented 2 Silver Slugger Awards in the same season. He won the award in the outfield AND at DH. The award is voted on by managers and coaches who are not allowed to vote for their own players.

His teammate Mookie Betts picked up his second career Silver Slugger Award in what sid be an MVP season.

J.D. Martinez makes Silver Slugger history | MLB.com

While I understand why he got it...I don't like it. If someone had played only 60 games at the beginning of the year and put up the same stats that he had, but got injured for the rest of the year (instead of playing a different position)...I don't think they'd have won. It should take more than around 200 AB's to determine who the best hitter is.

While I understand why he got it...I don't like it. If someone had played only 60 games at the beginning of the year and put up the same stats that he had, but got injured for the rest of the year (instead of playing a different position)...I don't think they'd have won. It should take more than around 200 AB's to determine who the best hitter is.

I'm one of the biggest Red Sox fans around. I don't think it was necessary nor proper to give him both awards.